19" et32 or et45?

Gusonstaff

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to here just thought I would ask some advice, just bought a 2009 a3 s line tdi 170 Quattro, and wanting to put some coilovers on it and 19's, which would be better to go with et32 or et45? I'm not slamming the car just going to take the gap away, any advice would be great thanks all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 179
When I was looking I was reading the maximum would be around et35! I eventually went for et50 with 5mm spacers which are perfect and have et45 for the winter too!

Reactions: Gusonstaff
don't go lower than et42 if you want a nice smooth ride without playing with camber and stretching tyres.

I got 5mm spacers off a friend, so would that be a better choice et45 with the 5mm spacer on, rather than et32 without spacer,

don't go lower than et42 if you want a nice smooth ride without playing with camber and stretching tyres.

Or that mean still playing with camber etc? Because don't really want to get into that,

Better choose ET45 and put spacers for the rear. that setup shouldn't rub you and look quite nice. I have ET43, lowered and I have rub in front on hard turning, rear didn't rub until I put 15mm spacers (making ET28) :D

It also depends on the width of the wheels..;)

If you run it as et40 (with the spacer) then you would want to run 225 tyres on a 8" wide wheel... If it's a 8.5" or 9" wide wheel you may want to run 215 wide tyres to avoid running on the arch.
The other thing is how low is your car?

On my old a3 I had the car lowered on eibach sportlines (40-50mm drop) with 19" wheels, 8.5" wide, et42 running 225/35/19 tyres. The setup was perfect and was flush with the arches however with people in the back it would run. The fronts were fine.
I ended up changing the rear arch/bumper brackets to the rs3 ones as they didn't have the screw which stopped the rubbing altogether

I was think 19's 8.5 et45 with 235 tyres lowered on coilovers 25-30 mm