Facelift 19 " arm wing to non magnetic s3 hatch?

natalie1817

Reaction score
hi newbie here.

I have just purchased a 3 door s3 (66 facelift model) with the 18inch twin spoke star alloys.
I would like to know if the 19inch arm wing would fit? direct fit without affecting anything technical. im aware they are deeper but unsure on fitment guides.

I viewed a magnetic ride s3 couple of weeks back and initially wasn't sure on the car. came away and then when I decided to buy it had sold ( typical). so after non stop searching I have secured a beaut with a lovely spec.. however it is a non magnetic ride and 18inch which are nice just would like to know if the 19 fit.

thank you

Straight swap over no other work involved and the car will look much better aesthetically ride will be a bit firmer but tolerable

Reactions: Ron240 and NevMan
ok excellent! massive regret not securing it. I found it hard searching for another 3 door with that option! it will more often than not be just me or me and the little one in the car so overall the ride should be ok.

Reactions: Jassyo06
ok excellent! massive regret not securing it. I found it hard searching for another 3 door with that option! it will more often than not be just me or me and the little one in the car so overall the ride should be ok.
3dr S3's with magnetic dampers and 19s are as rare as Hens teeth

Reactions: Bells, NevMan and natalie1817
yes! Im learning this! that particular one didn't have the super sports seats. or the red callipers. tbh it was standard only option I could see was folding mirrors and the magnetic ride in brilliant black.

there is another on autotrader however it is manual and wanted automatic this time round

I ended up with a panther black with super sports seats/ privacy glass/ red callipers / rear camera ?/front sensors / the upgraded B&O system so overall im happy just loved them wheels.

Reactions: Pook, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I think the 5 arm wing design alloys in their contrasting gloss titanium and silver finish are the best looking wheels in the entire A3 range. :sunglasses:
And as an added bonus they are so quick and easy to clean. :thumbs up:

Reactions: dp_motley, The Saints, Pook and 3 others
Don’t know the answer exactly, but if like a lot of other models, I would have thought at least £1500+, but @creweaudiparts could give you the price
I would say close to double that.
My 18 “ BE alloys came in over £750 each without tyres. Luckily it was the insurance paying that not me but I’m sure I will pay it back somehow.

Reactions: NevMan
yes! Im learning this! that particular one didn't have the super sports seats. or the red callipers. tbh it was standard only option I could see was folding mirrors and the magnetic ride in brilliant black.

there is another on autotrader however it is manual and wanted automatic this time round

I ended up with a panther black with super sports seats/ privacy glass/ red callipers / rear camera ?/front sensors / the upgraded B&O system so overall im happy just loved them wheels.
Go with 19” V Spokes to show off those red brake callipers mines got mag + 19’s for a idea of how it’ll sit :icon thumright: there’s a few alloys that end up on eBay and the sales page on here just need to keep an eye out. Audi will probably be £1000+ each corner but should be able to get 4 privately for about £1500 - £1800 I’d say.

Attachments

• 2C4AAB67-9FB3-4A9B-8A61-8FC122F718CF.jpeg
    2C4AAB67-9FB3-4A9B-8A61-8FC122F718CF.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 357
Reactions: Jcbmally and natalie1817
hi newbie here.

I have just purchased a 3 door s3 (66 facelift model) with the 18inch twin spoke star alloys.
I would like to know if the 19inch arm wing would fit? direct fit without affecting anything technical. im aware they are deeper but unsure on fitment guides.

I viewed a magnetic ride s3 couple of weeks back and initially wasn't sure on the car. came away and then when I decided to buy it had sold ( typical). so after non stop searching I have secured a beaut with a lovely spec.. however it is a non magnetic ride and 18inch which are nice just would like to know if the 19 fit.

thank you

As others have said. Straight swap, but with lower side walls.

Mag ride isn't everything. Waste of time if you ask me. I have a Saloon that comes with mag ride as standard (can't be deleted) and wish it just had a well set-up passive system.

As others have said. Straight swap, but with lower side walls.

Mag ride isn't everything. Waste of time if you ask me. I have a Saloon that comes with mag ride as standard (can't be deleted) and wish it just had a well set-up passive system.
But it doesn't have a well set passive system, l sold my 2015 S3 for that very reason, the worst handling car l have had

Reactions: Tej13
But it doesn't have a well set passive system, l sold my 2015 S3 for that very reason, the worst handling car l have had

I would agree with that - my PFL SB on standard suspension got very skittish in fast sweeping corners. It could get scary at points! I don't know if this was better in the FL hatches.

I love the mag-ride on my saloon and change the settings depending on what I am doing, or who is with me.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and NevMan
I would agree with that - my PFL SB on standard suspension got very skittish in fast sweeping corners. It could get scary at points! I don't know if this was better in the FL hatches.

I love the mag-ride on my saloon and change the settings depending on what I am doing, or who is with me.

Would be interested if they have changed it, I haven’t ever found it unnerving, just a bit dull at times.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Would be interested if they have changed it, I haven’t ever found it unnerving, just a bit dull at times.

I reckon they would have done for the FL - mine used to get very light in high speed corners which came across as 'floaty'. There are numerous threads on here about it...

Reactions: Jassyo06 and TYb
I reckon they would have done for the FL - mine used to get very light in high speed corners which came across as 'floaty'. There are numerous threads on here about it...
That couldn’t have been pleasant.

Which is a shame, as VW set up the Mk7 Golf GTI Performance (passive suspension) pretty much spot-on.

Quite happy with mine. I’d say the wife’s mk3 tt Quattro is a little more composed on high speed corners but the s3 has much nicer meatier steering.

When we first bought the tt 3 years ago we test drove a pfl s3 back to back and found the tt much nicer to drive (we’d gone to order an s3) I’m assuming the facelift has had some tweaking because it feels much better. 4k down and the engine is finally starting to show its extra muscle. For the first few k I was a little disappointed the extra 80hp didn’t seem that noticeable. Starting to feel it now

Reactions: TYb
update.. just got back from a 4 hour round trip to pick these up. literally 'as new' condition. the tyres are Pirelli P Zero 235/35/19 tyres. will these fit snug in my non magnetic S3 or do I need different profiles, they came of an Audi saloon non mag ride.

the offset is 49. will I have any issues with the new wheels to the suspension?

IMG-1165.jpg

thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: dp_motley, Jassyo06, pns2007 and 1 other person
I can't feel the difference. I did view and test drive a mag ride s3 before I purchased a non mag and I couldn't tell between the two. i'm not an hardcore driver though ha.

https://www.thecarpeople.co.uk/find-a-car/car-details/audi-a3-sheffield-522806

Here's a huge spec 3 door. Has the Vspoke 19s. Looks great in yellow but at the same time not a colour id personally choose. Very rare spec.
That’s a decent price actually, I’d been offered £27500 for mine recently by a dealer but looking at that I’d say mines worth a bit more. Mines a 17 reg and has only done 9500 miles, v similar spec but without drive assistance package instead I’ve got black edition pack and Ara Blue.

Reactions: dp_motley and Mythos
That’s a decent price actually, I’d been offered £27500 for mine recently by a dealer but looking at that I’d say mines worth a bit more. Mines a 17 reg and has only done 9500 miles, v similar spec but without drive assistance package instead I’ve got black edition pack and Ara Blue.

Never seen a 3 door with a spec as high as that. To be honest it's pretty hard to find S3s that are really well specced in the first place.

Doesn't help that you have to buy a lot of options that should be standard on a 35k car anyway though.

Reactions: Bells
I have a 3 door on the classifides if people are looking ;-)

Never seen a 3 door with a spec as high as that. To be honest it's pretty hard to find S3s that are really well specced in the first place.

Doesn't help that you have to buy a lot of options that should be standard on a 35k car anyway though.
Yeah there is a lot that don’t have many options on them, RS3’s included, but generally the A3 is a very poorly spec’d car as standard but that’s Audi’s across the board to be fair.

I’ve seen a few demo cars at my local dealer that I wonder why they’ve spec’d it like that. They had a RS3 6 months ago which was Nardo with Alu (think it needs black pack personally) but then it only had top speed limiter removed and I think carbon engine bay spec’d as options and it took ages to sell as they were asking for top dollar with that spec...

Yeah there is a lot that don’t have many options on them, RS3’s included, but generally the A3 is a very poorly spec’d car as standard but that’s Audi’s across the board to be fair.

I’ve seen a few demo cars at my local dealer that I wonder why they’ve spec’d it like that. They had a RS3 6 months ago which was Nardo with Alu (think it needs black pack personally) but then it only had top speed limiter removed and I think carbon engine bay spec’d as options and it took ages to sell as they were asking for top dollar with that spec...

Agree, across the board with Audi. A lot of the £40k+ models, like my Q5 don’t have electric seats. On the dealer specced cars, some do spec very strange options indeed.

Reactions: Bells