19" and regretted it?

gareth_oau

Reaction score
Anyone on here have 19" rims on their S3 and regretted it?

Ive heard stories that handling is compromosed, but is it so bad that 19" is a bad move?

(I'm also running lowered Koni coilovers)

I've seen some really nice 19s that I'm thinking about buying, but they arent available in 18s

NEW 19" LM CROSS SPOKE SPLIT RIM STYLE ALLOYS IN GUNMETAL, BM Autosport Ltd

Thoughts?

Really nice wheels...

I had 19' RS6 replica wheels fitted a while ago. Looked brilliant, just the ride comfort was terrible from the ultra low tyre profile.

Needless to say, I didn't have them
On long enough to notice a change in handling.

If you like comfort and not feel every stone on the road then avoid. But if your not that ***** about it then go for it. There are ppl on here who run 19's without complains. It's all personal taste.

Here's how my s3 sat on 19's...

IMG_0444.jpg

That's standard suspension too

I've ran 19" rims for the best part of 10yrs on my S3, Yes, the ride is slightly compromised, and handling is slightly effected too, plus your fuel economy drops down a bit also.... but you get good looks with them, they fill the arches nicely.

Currently running lighter 18" BBS RCs, car feels quicker and goes round corners a bit faster, the ride is ever so slightly improved.

Horse for courses really.

All down to ur own taste mate if u wanna run 19's but understand the compromises then do it but if I feel u still want to retain some nice comfy ride the 18's all the way whatever u decide the car will still look sweet lol !

Thanks for that, I have a set of 19's that I will probably end up fitting so OP's thread was well timed :)

In keeping with the original Q, How well does the car ride / handle with them?

I bought 20's LOL not fitted yet and doubt I will to be honest. They are hugeeeeee

20s!!! Its an A3 not a Q7 isnt it?? LOL

Thanks for that, I have a set of 19's that I will probably end up fitting so OP's thread was well timed :)

In keeping with the original Q, How well does the car ride / handle with them?

I didn't see a difference in handling. Just ride comfort was 'hardher'

I dread to think what 19s would be like on these cars. I had them on the A5 and that was bad enough, but I think the ride on the 8L is shocking even on standard 17s to be honest, it must be awful on 19s!

235/35/19 yiu do feel the pot holes and it can skitt a bit in corners as there isn`t much rubber to smooth out the road. I sometimes think of going to 18`s but like my 19`s

ap's and 19's here, no probs for me. love'em :thumbsup:

My S4 was running 19" RS4 replicas when I bought it...they lasted about a week before I swapped them for some original 17" Avus...Best move I made, handling was vastly improved, as was comfort.

Alex C what size Neuspeed ARBs do you run? i was thinking of going 22 front and back

22F and 19R. I think if you go 22F&R it might suffer from too much oversteer. At the moment mine is pretty neutral with a hint of back end if you push hard or lift of quickly round a corner.

22F and 19R. I think if you go 22F&R it might suffer from too much oversteer. At the moment mine is pretty neutral with a hint of back end if you push hard or lift of quickly round a corner.
Well I had planed to get the r32 one but if it is sold then I was going to get the neuspeed ones as I thought as it would be 19 19( if the front is 19?) So 22 22 would be the same but a little stiffer?

By the way don't mean to hijack, but hopefully the info will help you make your mind up on Arb's to. :)