18x9.5 on S3 8L

Pikeseby

Reaction score
Hello forum users,

Let me start by briefly introducing myself and my car (for those not interested in the introduction-part: my question is at the bottom of this post).
My name is Sebastiaan, I live in the Netherlands and recently I've become the proud owner of an Audi S3 8L from 2001.
When I bought the car, a lot of modifications had been done by previous owners, but also a lot was unclear; there was hardly any information about what had been modidied in what way, only that the car had an upgraded turbo and a recent complete engine revision 8000km ago.
By checking serial numbers, tracking down some of the previous owners and garages that worked on the car, I managed to find out some specs: the car was originally from Germany and imported to the Netherland in 2012.
The engine is the 1.8 20VT but with an AGU inlet manifold and head, a Garrett 3071 turbocharger, HKS SSQV BOV, custom intercooler, forged Carillo pistons and Eagle rods, R8 coils with ECS coil conversion kit, Bar-tek exhaust manifold and 3" exhaust system.
It also has an upgraded Sachs clutch. It is unknown if the valves and valve springs have been upgraded as well, so before mapping the car, I plan to have these replaced first in the coming weeks.
Apart from the engine, the car sits on adjustable suspension of unknown brand, with Brembo 368mm brakediscs from a Porsche Cayenne GTS (9PA) in the front.
JBpvrYC
JBpvrYC

https://ibb.co/JBpvrYC

JF1r3ng

JF1r3ng

https://ibb.co/JF1r3ng

My current wheels are OZ Ultraleggera 19", I think the color is crystal Titanium.

Now for my question:
I think the 19" wheels are a bit too much, so I for a while I've had my eye on a set of 18"xJR11 wheels.
On facebook I came across a fellow Dutchman who had tried a set of these wheels on his own S3. Only the wheels were 5x112 instead of 5x100, so he had to use 18mm adapter plates. The wheels themselves were 18x9.5, with ET30. In my opinion it looked quite nice and it motivated me to go for a similar look:
h2TyQVv

https://ibb.co/h2TyQVv

Is it possible to fit 5x100, 18x9.5 wheels on an Audi S3 8L without using spacers? If so, what ET should I order? They produce the wheels I'm looking for in various sizes and ET. I've already figured I'm going to need slightly stretched tires but I don't want to go extreme.

I hope someone can help me out, thanks in advance! :)
Any other tips regarding tuning or things to keep an eye out for are also appreciated!

Ps I cant seem to get the images to work

Reactions: Asim1
Oke, attempt 2 at uploading images;
My own car on 19" Ultraleggeras:
Audi a3 1 8 5v turbo s3 recaro 380pk revisie 22

And another car with 18x9.5 ET30 (5x112 with 18mm adapters) JR11:
20200709 132758

Nobody that knows the answer?
Additional info: my current wheels are 19x8, don't know the exact offset. The front wheels seem to have spacers of about 20mm, a special point of concern for me is clearing the 368mm Porsche brakes and calipers jn the front.
Pictures of current set up front side:
20200710 215423 min

20200710 215402 min

20200710 215350 min

20200710 221329 min

Hi pikeseby, I’m running 18x9.5 With et 35 on the rear of my s3 Without spaces the 255 tyres would rub a little over bumps! But now I’ve fitted 15mm spacers it’s fine, plus looks better, also lowered. Note to sure they would fit On the front, as I’m run 18x8.5 with a 10mm spacers and it’s a tight fit with 225 tyres!
Hope that helps.

Hi
I want to know if I can install 9.5J on the front wheels of my S3.
Looking at the Fitment Industries, I feel it's possible but I'm not confident.