18's on an A3 8l

Spatula

A4 B6
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just bought some 18" alloys and now I'm wondering if they'll even fit my car..

4 x 18" VW Audi Multi fit Size 18 x 8J

Will these fit straight on or am I going to need some magic wizardry?

Can you put up a pic when you've got them on? Be nice to see what they look like :)

If they don't you can always pick up some pcd adapters

Which rims did you go for??

They'll fit.l

If they're VW/Audi multi fit, they'll be 5x100 and 5x112.

Find out the offset, if it's ET 35 they'll go straight on and look good.

If they're ET45 they'll also go straight on, but not stick out so far.

Reactions: Spatula
offset info required mate.

When you say A4 wheels, are you still talking about multi fit reps? A4 wheels will be 5x112 and et45-48 and won't sit well.

Most reps will typically be ET35 though. You really need info rather than guesses

Usually on the side of the alloy with indicate what the ET is

Well, they fit! :D. They have to PCD's I think one it 5x100 and 5x112. Now I need to start doing some refurb, I know there are a lot of 'How To's' on the net, but does anyone have any useful information on doing so? Would you recommend sanding and filling etc. and getting it to a primer stage and then going to a professional sprayer?
Also, want to wrap them in some decent rubber, whats best?

Theres a place in Brum that will do the whole lot for you for £80 if you dont have any tyres on it yet.

City Powder Coaters.

Tyres wise, there are plenty of options.

Contisports, Bridgestone Potenzas and Good Year Eagle F1 are all good, but all premium brands too.

I currently have Firestone SZ90s on and am loving them, a really good price and excellent grip in wet and dry too and have just got the Uniroyal Rainsport 3s on my Wifes car, again a cracking price and they feel great too, have a look on Camskill to get an idea on prices.

Reactions: Jay A3 and Spatula
Cheers for the info mate, looking on camskill at those tyres.
Is the place in Birmingham £80 per wheel or £80 for all 4?!

Edit: Just looked at their website, it's £20 a wheel. That's a bargain!

They are very very cheap. Heard they do a decent job but can take a little longer than they estimate. But all in all you can't complain with £20 each!

I have had my wheels done there previously and I cant complain at all, in fact I was very impressed with them!!

Jojo has had quite a few of his done there as well.

Im sure there is another thread running at the mo that has a few pics of refurbed wheels that they do to give you an idea.

Im looking to get mine done again there very soon too.

Reactions: Jay A3
I plan to send my spare set off to them in the near future. Will have to organise when I next go brum

We'll have to organise a mini meet in Brum :)

Reactions: Jay A3
I'm in! Although, thinking about it don't all bring all your wheels to get refurbed the same day as me, otherwise it'll take agessss! :p

LOL....if you guys come on a Wednesday, we could arrange to meet at the Coventry meet one evening.

Reactions: Spatula
Wooop! Okay, so next question, where can I get 4 x center caps? I have 3 and they're not in *the best* condition, and one of them is missing the silver trim from around the edge. There's only a certain amount of buffing I can do and I don't think I can buff the trim back on...
P/N: 8L0 601 165A

Edit: I have all 4, 1 of the 4 is missing the trim, and they're all not in the best condition. I currently have one in the ultrasonic cleaner at work to see if I can ultrasonically clean it up a bit... :)

I will get some pics later and upload then. Warning though, they're not in good condition, I guess the reason I got them so cheap was because of the amount of scuffing etc on them, however I reckon I can get them looking sharp again with a bit of love and elbow grease. I got the old tyres taken off this afternoon on my lunch so I can make a start sanding and filling...

I would also like to mention that you should under no circumstance put your center caps in an ultrasonic cleaner. I'm down to 2 usable center caps..