184 Quattro - What VCDS Mods would you recommend ?

RJMP

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking for some guidance, ive had my A3 for a month now and wondering what Modifications are possible/recommended and also looking for someone who can do in the Sheffield area ?

Spec of my car is

A3 2.0 TDi S-Line Sportback 184 Quattro S-Tronic Daytona Grey
F38 Alloy wheels 7.5J x 18 M
N2R Fine Nappa leather S line M
PCG Adapt cruise/stop&go/pre sense W
PS6 S sports seat W
QQ4 Interior lighting pack M
WBI Comfort package W
WB4 Technology pack+Audi Connect W
3FB Panoramic glass roof M
7X1 Acoustic parking system rear M

Cheers

You'll probably want needle sweep at ignition on,
Visual parking sensors enabling on mmi
Mirror dip in reverse

Other stuff is only fiddling really

Sorry if a bit off topic, but how you finding the car in general ride comfort, mpg etc?

You'll probably want needle sweep at ignition on,
Visual parking sensors enabling on mmi
Mirror dip in reverse

Other stuff is only fiddling really

Cheers Itguy will go with these as a friend has a cable it can borrow.

In regards to general ride etc, im surprised at how different this is to my old 170 FWD Manual 8P, the grip from the Quattro is very impressive. I do 40-50k per year so the upgraded seat make a massive difference and the ACC can make a heavy traffic on the motorway simple, oh and they look fantastic too.

I have noticed that the MPG is 8-9MPG average lower than my old car (36mpg v's 44mpg) but doesn't worry me to much as its a company car and thankfully I have a fuel card :thumbsup:

So over all I,m really please with the car, and would hate to go back to my old car which I didn't think I would ever say as I was attached too my old 170 due to the 120k covered in just over 2 years !!!

I went for:

Disable seatbelt warning
Enable needle sweep
Enable visual parking on MMI
Alarm sound on unlock (is a double chirp)
Alarm sound on lock (single chirp)
Enable lap timer
Enable oil temperature

Really wanted to enable TMPS but need a security code for the 2nd part. Am really really really wanting to enable instrument illumination also but cannot find the label :(

That's a quality selection, does the seatbelt warning allow you to select which seat, Im thinking would like it for the rear and passenger but not mine.

Am I right in saying you need the code for each option ?

Ive found someone who is kindly lending me the cable :arco:, tried to find fellow members in the Sheffield area but with out success, so going to give it a go myself.:salute:

It turns it off all seats, you can't select which seat you'd like. I'm from York which isn't too far if you get stuck but sure there is a Sheffield member