18 x 8 ET35 - What does it look like?

Dubjam

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Solutions
Reaction score
Being tempted with a new set of wheels and returning to 18's...

These Vossen Reps have caught my eye (albeit in the Gunmetal version not Bronze as shown)

They only have ET35 in the 18.

I am thinking these 'should' be ok on the Saloon especially being an 8" (yes Ive checked the 'will they fit' calculator)

Ive seen 8.5" ET35's on Hatchs and don't like the look too much..

Has anyone got any experience or photos of the 18 x 8 ET35 on either a Hatch or Saloon?

F

I think you will be okay at ET35 with 8J 18’s

im running ET45 8J 18” and it could take another 10mm i would say

Reactions: Dubjam
I think you will be okay at ET35 with 8J 18’s

im running ET45 8J 18” and it could take another 10mm i would say

Yeah I think it will be fine also, the saloon is also wider than your hatch. Just want to get some feedback bythose that have tried it before I commit!

Reactions: seventeenapg
Yeah I think it will be fine also, the saloon is also wider than your hatch. Just want to get some feedback bythose that have tried it before I commit!
They should work. I have 8.5 19s on ET 35 on a saloon and work great.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dubjam
ET42 will be perfect

Yeah I think 42-45 is ideal.

ET35 is going to poke out 16mm more than the standard wheels. Thats a fairs bit.

The 19 x 9.5 x ET35 mentioned above poke out 22.6mm more than standard.

So Im not sure if 6mm will reduce that 'squatty tank' look (IMO) I am trying to avoid..although its less pronounced on the Saloon. I saw a set on a Hatch the other day and hated the look.

Sadly, the LDP30's which I also like (as the 19" genuine V-spokes look the bomb on my car) LDP only have in ET35 in the matt finish.

https://www.ldprestige.com/jantes/ldp-ldp30-80-18-5112-42-66-pol-gme

jante-alu-ldp-ldp30-pol-gme-01.jpg

Only one I can find with 18 x 8, ET35...too much poke for me, looks like a buggy

188et35

Only one I can find with 18 x 8, ET35...too much poke for me, looks like a buggy

View attachment 212219 View attachment 212220
That one looks pants but the wheel design, ride height and chrome do it no favours. I personally think oem style wheels unless going for stance and bigger dia. Otherwise risk the "just got these bangin wheels from halfords for my corsa" look.

That one looks pants but the wheel design, ride height and chrome do it no favours. I personally think oem style wheels unless going for stance and bigger dia. Otherwise risk the "just got these bangin wheels from halfords for my corsa" look.

Its not so much the car, its more about how much poke ET35 brings. It definitely sold me on not wanting ET35!

But the owner must be a bit blind. Someone really should have taken him out for a friendly pint and told him how bad that looks!

Yeah I do agree, those Vossen reps have the potential to look a big naff in an 18" as there wont be much concave.

They are a nice wheel but the size might let them down with the big arches. Did the saloon come with 18 inch s3 wheels or are they all 19's? Maybe some images somewhere where spacers have been fitted to get a feel for the poke. Perhaps 18's3 rims with 10mm spacers could be a happy medium. Just thinking out loud.

They are a nice wheel but the size might let them down with the big arches. Did the saloon come with 18 inch s3 wheels or are they all 19's? Maybe some images somewhere where spacers have been fitted to get a feel for the poke. Perhaps 18's3 rims with 10mm spacers could be a happy medium. Just thinking out loud.

A3 saloon BE came with 18 x 8 ET51

S3 Saloon came with 19 x 8 ET49 (which I have fitted currently and they look the nuts, but the ride isn't doing it for me)

Sadly the genuine 18" S3 wheels are all 7.5", and plus spacers means more dollar on the insurance, so not something id go for, nor do I like the exertion they put on the hub. Its crude imo.

The V-Spoke Reps are ET45, so a little extra poke , and are 18x8. They do also have the S3 twin blade wheel in the same, but I prefer the V-spokes.

The Vossen Reps are ET42, so fine also, but as you say, could look a little naff on the small diametre. No spiggot rings needed for those as they are the same bore as the A3 though.

Im pretty much convinced now that I dont want the squatty tank look on ET35's.

I see the predicament now. The v spokes sound a good shout and a sensible offset. I like that design myself.

Yeah, can't fault the Audi designers on that wheel at all.

Heres what a set of 18's look like in those

Cbar XkWEAEz LK

and then these also spotted my eye

Veeman fs23

It's crazy what an inch of metal can do..

S

I wouldn’t want to run a set of 19’s, 18’s are the limit on a hatch on UK roads, even then still not ideal

I wouldn’t want to run a set of 19’s, 18’s are the limit on a hatch on UK roads, even then still not ideal

thankfully i dont own a Hatch :) tbf, it rides wonderfully on Koni Special Actives and Eibach Pro’s, but having a long term physical health issue, the lack of rubber means it can inflame that a little, hence looking yo revert back to 18’s.

The Daytona saloon above is my car.