18" to 19" pros and cons

R222cet

Reaction score
So I've had my s3 8p a couple of months now and I really want to change the wheels. Looking like oz ultralaggera but unsure what size to go for. I understand that big heavy wheels make everything worse but these lightweight ones should be okay ? What else is there to think about, also I'd like to lower the car at some point but only some H&R springs so 25mm would I have ang rubbing ? Thanks in advance :)

I have 19" OZ alloys on my car , not noticed and difference in handling what so ever tbh .

I went from 17" to 19". It's a little bit more harsh on rough roads but nothing to put me off. I'm using 235/35/19 tyres.

About to go from 18 x 9 TD 1.2s with 245 x 40 R888Rs,to these.....

That's a 20" MB designs rim,with 235 x 35 tyres....the geometry on my previous rims was causing handling issues.....

Dont bother with 25mm H&R springs, go with Eibach sportline, 45/50 front and 35/40 rear.
I fitted 30mm eibach pro to start and the ride was more comfortable with better handling, but like most, I wasn't happy with the front rake, the sportlines are a little firmer but the handling is spot on, but I am running bilstein B8 dampers with them which is the perfect combo, they call it the Bilstein B12 kit.
Your ride will be firmer with 19s due to having to run a 35mm sidewall, all depends on what sort of comfort your looking for.
If you want to buy a cheap set of Eibach pro springs let me know as I have a set that I will be selling sooner rather than later.

About to go from 18 x 9 TD 1.2s with 245 x 40 R888Rs,to these.....

That's a 20" MB designs rim,with 235 x 35 tyres....the geometry on my previous rims was causing handling issues.....
Whats the rim width and offset on those Alex - and are you still using adjustable top mounts with the bilsteins to cram it in the arch?

Whats the rim width and offset on those Alex - and are you still using adjustable top mounts with the bilsteins to cram it in the arch?
I have to ask!