18" RS6 Reps

necroeire

Reaction score
Just about to order a set of 18" RS6 reps from Rockford Tyres. Can anyone tell me the fitment size for my 2001 A4 1.9TDi 130bp?
Cheers,

I can't remember off the top of my head but i'm sure if you tell rochford the car the wheels are intended for they will make sure you get the right wheels

Yeah Just let them know the exact car mate and they will know. Thats where i got mine from they are very good. What tyre package are you going for?

Not 100% sure yet CJ but was looking at the tyre post from a few months back and the Toyo or Avons got good reviews. What did you go for? I might spend a little extra for the Eagle F1s though.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh can anyone tell me the difference between et35 and et45?

[/ QUOTE ]

take a look here, it explains it really well with pics.

Ideally, you want as low an offset you can possibly run without fouling the arches.

[ QUOTE ]
Not 100% sure yet CJ but was looking at the tyre post from a few months back and the Toyo or Avons got good reviews. What did you go for? I might spend a little extra for the Eagle F1s though.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the end i went for the Avon ZZ3 upgrade....the eagles would of been nice but i just didnt have the doe at the time mate. Must say though the tyres are pretty grippy. Im impressed how it handles in the dry very good indeed tyres grip really well. Not too bad in the wet either, enough grip when cornering at speed but obviously better to take it easy in bad weather conditions. Good luck with your selection and look forward to seeing the pics NecroEire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh can anyone tell me the difference between et35 and et45?

[/ QUOTE ]

take a look here, it explains it really well with pics.

Ideally, you want as low an offset you can possibly run without fouling the arches.

[/ QUOTE ]

aah, realised it helps if you post the link too:

Tyre and rims

Thanks for the comments CJ, I'll be posting some before and after pics soon, so others can see the difference the RS6's make. Also got a few bids on Ebay for a S-Line spoiler and some mudflaps. So a few mods to come yet. Also looking at spraying the black bit silver or else thinking about getting the Sportec front and rear bumpers. The Gmbh and S-Line parts are too expensive.
Cheers NE.

Cheers Madvw great find and as you said all the info is there. .....I can see clearly now the haze is gone.....

Speak to Dave and mention me or this forum and he should sort you out his best price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just to give you an idea what you'll get :

45887164-4b36-02000180-.jpg

45887360-2477-02000180-.jpg

The et refers to 'off set' basically how much the wheel over hangs, an et35 is perfect for your car as you will have no issue's with the tyres rubbing off the wings under heavy braking or when the car is carrying 5 adults etc. I had eagle f1's supplied with my 18's and I can't fault them and I drive on the same roads as you. So in my opinion its worth the extra cash try these suppliers http://www.alloywheelsni.com I found them to be the cheapest around when I ordered my 18's RS4 reps, they were delivered by courier to my place of work next day for only an extra 20euros they game individually wrapped in plastic and cardboard, tyres fitted, chrome tyre caps, audi centre caps and a bag of long wheel studs.
If you look at this web site it also has a technical area that explains all about et and under/over steer etc.
Good Luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers guys, I ordered them yesterady afternoon so should have them in a week or so.
Next on the list is a rear spoiler, trying to get it on ebay at the moment, spray the lower black bits silver, lower by 25-20mm.

Thanks Frank, I had a bit of trouble sourcing Audi Reps here for decent prices. Good find mate, only a day to late though. Dooh. Anyhow I'm sure Rockford Tyres will look after me as they have some great reviews on here.

Thanks technics100 if I decide to change again soon at least now I have two local contacts. Might get a set of Summer and Winter Alloys, like a change of clothes ... of sorts.

NE.

Well the wheels arrived yesterday took 5 days including the weekend to arrive. Packaged well with bolts and badges too.

Went out to install them last night but the standard wheel brace was too thick to fit into the hole on the alloy so I'll either install them tonight or at the weekend, see how it goes. Anyhow here is a few pics of the alloys so if anyone is wondering how good the packaging is - its very good. A big thanks to Rockford Tyres.

PICT0504.jpg

PICT0506.jpg

PICT0505.jpg

PICT0507.jpg

I actually needed tyres for my 17 RS6's but just ended up getting new 18 RS6's on Kumho's for £540 all in from autoalloys. I would invest in an extendable wheel brace, it should fit the wheel and gives alot more leverage. I got mine for £6 in B&Q...

I'll be taking a trip to B&Q at lunch time then.....

Also been thinking about dropping the car a little. Anyone recommend some springs? Cheers.

I nee mine done aswell, looks way to hi now. I think I'm going to try and get standard sport suspension from a breakers, I had my B5 audi lowered and it wouldn't go into the driveway without scuffing front and back...

I can sell you my 6000 miles old H&R lowering springs and my 5000 miles koni adjustable shocks if your interested, I'm in Roscaommon (Midlands)? I can sell seperatly if you are interested.

[ QUOTE ]
I actually needed tyres for my 17 RS6's but just ended up getting new 18 RS6's on Kumho's for £540 all in from autoalloys. I would invest in an extendable wheel brace, it should fit the wheel and gives alot more leverage. I got mine for £6 in B&Q...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's crazy , isn't it?

I think when I need tyres on my car I'll look into getting a set of 19" Five Arms - Would cost about the same as buying 4 quality tyres for my S-Line and I could still sell my 18's!!!

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

bub
if you could be bothered to, it would probably be financially in your favour to buy a set of 18s with decent tyres, get the tyres changed to your wheels, sell the bare wheels on ebay and still have enough money for chicken jalfrezi for two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

thats what i'm doing I needed new tyres on the 17's and was getting one wheel refurbed, total cost £321

New 18's and tyres = £540 - £150ish for old 17's = £390

cost an extra £66 for new 18's & tyres

Yeah its pretty rediculous if you ask me.....New rims and rubber for almost the same as replacing the old worn tyres. Can't see why tyre companies just dont drop their prices they'd do alot more business.

Ok I fitted the wheels on Saturday so here are the before and after pics....

PICT0513.jpg

PICT0515.jpg

Looks fantastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I can see why you changed now too........... What were Audi thinking, with those wheels? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Maybe a slight 'drop' is in order now?

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Complete transformation!

drop it 25mm it'll look superb!

Wheels look great but it definately needs lowering now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So much better looking mate...as said above you need the drop to complete the look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yes, drop and paint those side shirts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif
PICT05151.jpg

Got a quote of €400 to 500 to spray the black bits from the front, back and sides. Seems a bit steep.

I'd like to drop it 25mm at least but I'm not 100% sure the car will take our amazing roads here in Ireland.

[ QUOTE ]
Got a quote of €400 to 500 to spray the black bits from the front, back and sides. Seems a bit steep.

[/ QUOTE ]

TBH that's a pretty GOOD price.

Point taken about Irish roads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

BUB

Yes 4x4 culture, even the roads cater for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

If you drop it 25mm make sure you up grade your shocks as well, because I went down the road of changing the springs only with the 18's and left the original non-sport shocks, it was a crap ride and it became to bouncy, different car though once I fitted the Koni's, no body roll or bounch.
€400 for the paint job isn't bad and it will totally transform the look of your car.