18" RS4 alloys on a 2001 a3, rubbing on coilovers grrr...

Mudz

Reaction score
Hi as above i have rescently referbed some old style rs4 reps which fitted fine before fitting the coilovers,

Tyre size : 225/40/R18

ET45

The obvious soloution is fitting spacers or new rims, the latter is just not feasable with the amount of money spent on referbing the rims so i am wandering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what size spacers were used.

Your offset is too high - you should be somewhere in the mid 30's rather than 45. This is more like the offset on a Subaru (which also has 5*100 wheels). I made a similar mistake - bought a set of OZ Superleggeras. They bolted on ok but fouled the front suspension strut. Fortunately the guy had advertised them as fitting A3/S3 so he gave me my money back and resold them to a Scooby owner!

Your offset is too high - you should be somewhere in the mid 30's rather than 45. This is more like the offset on a Subaru (which also has 5*100 wheels). I made a similar mistake - bought a set of OZ Superleggeras. They bolted on ok but fouled the front suspension strut. Fortunately the guy had advertised them as fitting A3/S3 so he gave me my money back and resold them to a Scooby owner!
Ive got OZ Superleggeras on with an et35 fitment...:p

Only spacers are a feasible solution mate. Make sure you get hubcentric ones, you can get 15mm/20mm for £46 delivered on ebay with longer bolts.

I had the same problem with the standard 16" Sport wheels.

I had to raise it up slightly.

Since fitting my 19's ive had to raise it up again. (235/35/19)

Ive since puchased some 225's so will swap them over once i 'use' these tyres that are on it, then i can lower the coilover again.

Well im gunna see how it looks lifted up.

Link to these please? I can't find them for that cheap!

Haha theres loads on ebay for similar price. But you gotta search for Golf MkIII/MkIVs...as they are the same fitment.

Ebay Item number: 110614204752

Those are the ones I got, but do prepared to wait for them as its coming from scotland, with this weather its gonna take about 2-3 weeks.