18" Audi S4 alloys

vetch

A4 Avant
Reaction score
I have just bought a set of genuine 18" S4 alloys for my S3. I'll be using hub adapters to fit them, which will also double up as spacers so I'm killing two birds with one stone.

Can someone confirm the type of adapter I'll need from this list?

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/audi-s3-8l-c-2803_2804_2812.html

I know I will need to convert PCD 5/100 to 5/112 but I have no idea about bore sizes or how much width I'll need?

If I was just going to buy spacers, I'd be looking to go 20mm on rear and 10mm up front.

I have just bought a set of genuine 18" S4 alloys for my S3. I'll be using hub adapters to fit them, which will also double up as spacers so I'm killing two birds with one stone.

Can someone confirm the type of adapter I'll need from this list?

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/audi-s3-8l-c-2803_2804_2812.html

I know I will need to convert PCD 5/100 to 5/112 but I have no idea about bore sizes or how much width I'll need?

If I was just going to buy spacers, I'd be looking to go 20mm on rear and 10mm up front.

PM DPM and ask what you need. Get some pics up when your done cos I'm interested in getting the S4 Avus wheels on my car.

Where you managed to find them?

Ebay mate, I couldnt believe my luck! I'm a big fan of the Avus alloys, they are the best wheels for the S3. I was thinking of going back to standard S3 Avus wheels, but I came across the S4 ones on ebay. I was shocked when I saw the price of hub adapters though.

I would have personally try and get some reps with the correct stud pattern than go with hub adaptors which adds more unsprung weight to the car.

Good point jojo, just found somewhere local to me that can get any audi alloy (rep) :),
Are BF Goodridge tyres any good?

I've got some genuine B6 S4 wheels for sale if anyone is interested?? :sign_plug:

Good point jojo, just found somewhere local to me that can get any audi alloy (rep) :),
Are BF Goodridge tyres any good?

You wouldn't be so kind as to pass on their name would you?

BF Goodrich are owned by Michelin PLC, so would imagine they can't be too bad....but can't say from experience..sorry

Yeah no worries, its ap tyres in rotherham.

I would have personally try and get some reps with the correct stud pattern than go with hub adaptors which adds more unsprung weight to the car.

I was planning to get spacers anyway, so with the hub adapters I'll probably be adding a little over a kilo per corner of unsprung weight, which I can live with.

And most people dont even consider the unsprung weight when changing from the standard wheels to big 18"/19" buggers that add a good few kgs at each wheel.

I was planning to get spacers anyway, so with the hub adapters I'll probably be adding a little over a kilo per corner of unsprung weight, which I can live with.

And most people dont even consider the unsprung weight when changing from the standard wheels to big 18"/19" buggers that add a good few kgs at each wheel.

Just over a kilo per corner is a LOT Vetch, a set of spacers from Forge are light weight, probably a kilo for the 4 of them?

With regards to 19's, mine weigh a ton, and don't do anything for my handling, but that's the price of being exclusive, there's not many S3's on here with 19" cup rims is there?

Glad you found a set, you know they will look good once on. :)

Just over a kilo per corner is a LOT Vetch, a set of spacers from Forge are light weight, probably a kilo for the 4 of them?

With regards to 19's, mine weigh a ton, and don't do anything for my handling, but that's the price of being exclusive, there's not many S3's on here with 19" cup rims is there?

Ive no idea how much spacers or adapters weigh, but I really wanted genuine S4s on the car. I'm not a fan of replica alloys, and I really dislike the RS4 reps. More so since every man and his dog seems to be sticking them on at the moment.

And just like you, I'm after a bit of individuality with my wheels, so I'm prepared to forfeit a small amount of handling ability to get that.

And I wasn't having a dig at your 19s when I responded to your previous post.

Glad you found a set, you know they will look good once on. :)

Maz, the photo in your sig, and that awesome photo of Westle's S3 at the ring, running on original Avus wheels, were the inspiration behind me getting S4s. And if I hadn't found them I would've gone back to 17s asap.

For me, the S3 doesn't suit thin spoked alloys, the chunky Avus style wheels suit the muscular, mean looks of the car the best.:salute:

Maz, the photo in your sig, and that awesome photo of Westle's S3 at the ring, running on original Avus wheels, were the inspiration behind me getting S4s. And if I hadn't found them I would've gone back to 17s asap.

For me, the S3 doesn't suit thin spoked alloys, the chunky Avus style wheels suit the muscular, mean looks of the car the best.:salute:

Glad to be of some help :whistle2:

You have to remember that when the Audi design team were drawing up the S3 they designed it to have Avus as standard so that must say something :respekt:

I know this is an old thread but I am interested in getting some 18" Asus's for my 8l A3. DO I need hub adapters? If so how come?