17863/Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235): Implausible Signal

AGB-S3

Reaction score
17863/Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235): Implausible Signal
P1455 - Intermittent.

error code , this one , there is no return from the sensor showing with engine running ...
no engine fault lamp on, cars running [ok ?] -

Seeing £270 for the sensor , gen Audi part only available .. are there variations , ?

cheaper aftermarket items , showing for g235 search . any these any good ?

Tnx _G

Super Karl was selling his in classifieds, also you can buy a new probe, or you can buy a new black box, someone on the TT forum replaced the black box under the inlet manifold without removing the probe from the turbo. Are these current faults? Eg you cleared the faults and these reappeared? Is it definitely plugged in?

You can check things like AFR / lambda with android torque if it goes to something like 11:1 / 0.75 it highlights EGT sensor faulty

the engine was running , and there was no return from the sensor , what is included in the £270 ? is that a conditioning box as well , or just the probe ..

did wipe the faults , using the snap-on tuner , at the local shop , we assume, its reading the car correctly , its listed in the set up ... check next time , when we fit the switch etc

Its the whole sensor including the probe as its all integrated

Try the ASN part request... should be a bit cheaper that way

<tuffty/>

Yes , the darn thing is a complete assembly , at the moment its either new or second hand , but being old , it that a good idea ..may be not , anyway waiting some prices

You can buy separate items and open and solder the black box. I've not done it, but there are threads about it. Find a nice Hungarian to pick one off the factory ;)

The car's running , with no engine light , if the sensor is u/s , would / should the light be on ?

whats the effect of running with it missing ???

The car's running , with no engine light , if the sensor is u/s , would / should the light be on ?

whats the effect of running with it missing ???
It doesn't throw a CEL if faulty but it will over fuel to 0.75 or richer lambda so at best you will get crap fuel economy at worst you will bore wash the cylinders and the engine will wear rapidly...

I ran with a dodgy EGT sensor for sometime and it annihilated my rings... which is ironically how you feel after buying a replacement sensor (fnarr) ;)

<tuffty/>

Strange its not linked to the dash display , only spotted it , with the garage reader , car spends most of its time 50/70mph [+] on the 20 mile run to work so hopefully its hot enough , snap-on tuner , display 'blank' no return from the sensor , with the error message , just hope it wright (

only finding new items for the car , £270 ..cheaper than a re-bore !

Picked that up from the link tnx , must be the only recovered one up for sale ..

yeah it's weird, I am sure there were a bunch of used ones for sale on ebay a few weeks ago.

sods law , but better than 270 ( strange its not flagged by the engine lamp , if it can cause damage , car running ok , see if the mpg picks up , once its fitted ..

Have fun fitting it - I changed one a couple of weeks ago. Absolute pig to get to

Be nice if actually had the part to fit , after purchasing it last week end , no one picked up the phone or replied to emails
is this a known good site ???

did you buy with Paypal? I have no idea about them, I just searched for the part number..

they have been around since 2011 and have a facebook page, that obviously doesn't automatically make them vicars or nuns but..?

Upload 2019 1 25 22 24 32

Upload 2019 1 25 22 24 49

Yes , made a point of using pay pal , i had see the site as well , was still getting quotes in 270 range ..
nothing back from them all week , bit of tom tit as they say , but the web site shows out of stock now ,

Yes , made a point of using pay pal , i had see the site as well , was still getting quotes in 270 range ..
nothing back from them all week , bit of tom tit as they say , but the web site shows out of stock now ,

What i did when i needed mine was trawl ebay for everyone breaking something with a BAM engine and send a message asking for the EGT sensor
Quite a few replied with £50

Theres also https://www.facebook.com/vagautomotivehx/ who i definitely know has a few in stock

good luck mate

Tnx for that , I did a few searches . that was the only item that came back .
will try those , car was in friaday , needs a cam-belt and cog's as well now

Well , wonders never cease, the part arrived in the post , however, when cam to fit , found the threads where rounded off , sent them a photo , got a email back, with offer to send out another one , bit late, had already purchased a new one , in now and error codes not returned .. improvement , have to wait and see , cars ran well on the 12 miles back from the shop

in process of sending item back as requested ...