170 TDI Tuning options

staitesidestory

Reaction score
Hi All,

thinking about jacking in my 3 door 04 2.0tdi 140 for a 170 sportback. I have had my 140 mapped and I will look to do the same on the 170 but was wondering what else is out there for the 170's are they any more tuneable than a 140?

Cheers

James

Depends how far you want to go with the 170...mine's the PD engine version and is currently running this

OY57UTM.gif

That's with the DPF still in place. Remove it and you're looking at 210bhp +

EMTuning (www.emtuning.co.uk) did the DPF delete package on my 170 A3 last weekend.

The car is pushing 215-220bhp, roughly 330lbs torque, smoother gear changes, improved fuel economy - I'm MORE than happy with the results! :thumbsup:

Contact T8UPS on here, he's an advertiser, for more info.

What age of car are you thinking of going for ?

There seems to be problems with the newer ones - both a Revo and GIAC agent have told me they can't do my 2010 170. Mine is quattro, but I don't think that makes a difference.

What age of car are you thinking of going for ?

There seems to be problems with the newer ones - both a Revo and GIAC agent have told me they can't do my 2010 170. Mine is quattro, but I don't think that makes a difference.

It's a 2006.

T8UPS can do 2010+ cars, i believe the process is longer as the ECU's need more work getting into, but he can do them.

www.emtuning.co.uk - drop him a mail, pm or give him a call, he'll sort you out i'm sure :rock: