170 TDI fuel economy/ mpg

Not really pal. Just what's recommended on door card anyway.... Unless I've read it wrong or I've just made it up lol

Not really pal. Just what's recommended on door card anyway.... Unless I've read it wrong or I've just made it up lol

Yes i've seen the door stickers on B7 s-lines and also on google images and see it says 41 psi, autodata says 32psi and my local dealer reccomended 38 psi for the best overall trye wear, as i said i was just wondering what people with B7's are running as i personally find 38 psi a hard ride and and niw trying 36 psi, see how that goes.

Just to correct my previous post, it was supposed to be 32psi not 42!!! ;-)

I've only had my tdi 170 Quattro for 5 weeks. My weekly commute is 300 miles, 30 miles each trip, a mix of a and b roads. The first 2 weeks I was getting an average of 34mpg. I've got a problem with excessive smoke/rough idle/hesitation so I used a can of BG244 fuel additive to flush the engine out. Since using that I've been getting an average of 42mpg. Identical journeys and driving style. The problems are still there but the fuel additive was well worth £24 a can! Tyre pressures can also make a big difference.

42 is pretty good, especially for a Quattro