170 TDI Exhaust systems

csm

Reaction score
Why are the standard exhaust systems so exspensive for these cars ??

You know the twin back box systems, Seem hellishly exspensive for a aftermarket standtard exhaust which is roughly the same as a sports Milltek.

Sadly even worse for me my car being a Quattro 170 is never listed for sports systems it seems :( Looking like I am going to have to go down the handmade by the pro route if I want to change the system.

custom made is almost always cheaper in my experience. Off the shelf cat back for my last car was £279 excl fitting. Custom made powerflow was £250 (i think) including fitting :)

Have a word with MIJ Performance in Walsall. They did an absolutely brilliant job with my car and they TIG weld as opposed to MIG weld, so the quality is in both their workmanship and their products. Prices are reasonable, not extortionate. Just remember you get what you pay for.

Cheers fella, need to find something closer though im in Scotland lol although I know where you are, I used to drive to Bloxwich on nightshift and back. Cant be hooped for the sake of a exhaust lol.

Yeah custom's always good value for money, I like John Ashley Exhausts (also in Walsall, seems to be loads of us local lads getting exhausts haha).