170 TDI chrome exhaust tip

glad you like mate.

did it take you long?

if thats your house looks like you live in a church. you a priest or something?

glad you like mate.

did it take you long?

if thats your house looks like you live in a church. you a priest or something?

An hour or so cant remember really.

No not a priest or anything like that. :superman:

Its my parents house, well I'm still living in in while renovating mine.

Is it me Matt or are our spoilers squarer at the edges than the newer ones, I'm sure its not my eyesite & audi have amended them to be rounder?

Mines an original audi spoiler mate, as came in audi packaging the lot direct from the stealers, which is why I queried as the latest ones are rounder & do look nicer on the 3dr.

In my wisdom I managed to snap the corner of, my famous fixing tool soon resolved that, loctite super glue, then me & my mate fixed it properly with filler/primer etc, works a treat.

Still prefer the rounder one though.

Mines an original audi spoiler mate, as came in audi packaging the lot direct from the stealers, which is why I queried as the latest ones are rounder & do look nicer on the 3dr.

quote]

Yeah mine came in the Audi packaging with all the instructions etc from the stealers BUT its the Votex, think votex make them

bit of a ressurection, but i am looking at this mod of cutting black, downturned, diesel exhaust tips off and replacing with nice shiny, chrome, straight ones as done below! a quick question though, is there any drawbacks to this mod, for instance, the heat from the straight pipes melting the back bumper, as i have seen on some of the boy-racers cars round my way!

Fitted the exhaust tips a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to K-Dash for supplying they look so much better. I also had to weld a small hole in the exhaust where I had cut the old trims off. There are two welds on each pipe which removes the old trims as shown below. I also cut the ends of the tailpipes square so that when you look from the back you don't see the old pipes as much in the middle, One other thing i did was put plenty of silver grease around the screws to stop them corroding..

28032008003.jpg

28032008002.jpg

CIMG0276.jpg

CIMG0275.jpg

bit of a ressurection, but i am looking at this mod of cutting black, downturned, diesel exhaust tips off and replacing with nice shiny, chrome, straight ones as done below! a quick question though, is there any drawbacks to this mod, for instance, the heat from the straight pipes melting the back bumper, as i have seen on some of the boy-racers cars round my way!

you will be fine with this mod, you will have no probs with the heat, the boys racer exhausts are the big one which are almost touching the bumper

I've been contemplating some thing similar for a while now... I was thinking of a oval tip like the RS4. I've got a black sportback so think the black oval would be nice?

Something similar to this Cupra: Does anybody think it will be the same as the audi setup so i could order it and weld on? :whistle2:

Seat_Leon_Cupra_02.jpg

you will be fine with this mod, you will have no probs with the heat, the boys racer exhausts are the big one which are almost touching the bumper

thanks, in that case im going to do it!!!
what size did you go for and where did you get them,
and do you know what size the original pipes are on the 2.0TDI,
underneath the old black downturned tips?
the ones you have put on in the pictures look the dogs danglies,
well smart! i am well looking forward to doing this to my car!!!
:)

thanks, in that case im going to do it!!!
what size did you go for and where did you get them,
and do you know what size the original pipes are on the 2.0TDI,
underneath the old black downturned tips?
the ones you have put on in the pictures look the dogs danglies,
well smart! i am well looking forward to doing this to my car!!!
:)

Not sure on sizes i used the official audi ones

heres another thread about them
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=68861

here they are for sale £30 delivered from stafford audi, very good price and there OEM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380101625028

You'll be well pleased! Mine arrived on Thursday and got round to fitting them today:

exhaustsmall.jpg

I did this to my 140 about a month ago. I also bought them from Stafford Audi at £30 inc delivery via Ebay.

I was a bit concerned about taking an angle grinder to the exhuast so I used a Dremel with some blades designed to cut Stainless steel, and just took the original tips off. Took a while but I got the result I wanted.

Before with origianl Steel tips
Image067.jpg

Halfway
Image068.jpg

After
Image070.jpg

Looks a lot better in my opinion

I did this to my 140 about a month ago. I also bought them from Stafford Audi at £30 inc delivery via Ebay.

I was a bit concerned about taking an angle grinder to the exhuast so I used a Dremel with some blades designed to cut Stainless steel, and just took the original tips off. Took a while but I got the result I wanted.
Looks a lot better in my opinion

looks a million times better!, why dont these come as standard??? :icon_thumright:

they look good and origonal, i wonder how long it will be before some one does this then sells it as a 170???

just ground my tips off.....ooerrrr....

1/2 an hour of grinding with the angle grinder....not for the feint hearted!:scared2:

just gotta put the tips on tonight now.thats the easy bit!

got my tips, very smart! now ive just got to figure out how im going to get the old ones off!!! :confused:

got my tips, very smart! now ive just got to figure out how im going to get the old ones off!!! :confused:
have fun m8!

and did anybody else find the instructions a bit pap?

especially the bit about the torque settings for the grubscrews?

it said to do them to 15 nm........ROFL :jump:

couldnt even get mine to 5nm before the grub screws had nearly screwed all the way through the hank bush and they were still tightening!!

well they are on now, and i must admit that they do look nice:)

a lot better than what was there before....

have fun m8!

and did anybody else find the instructions a bit pap?

especially the bit about the torque settings for the grubscrews?

it said to do them to 15 nm........ROFL :jump:

couldnt even get mine to 5nm before the grub screws had nearly screwed all the way through the hank bush and they were still tightening!!

well they are on now, and i must admit that they do look nice:)

a lot better than what was there before....

I know what you mean. It says not to adjust the top ones at all, but I found I had to as they sat funny, or the bottom bolt went all the way through. I just adjusted them all until I was with the result.

well that was fun!!!
thats my tips on, but im a little dissappointed by how noticeable the fixings are, can be seen from all angles! :mad:

yes they are noticable if you are looing for them.

if you dont look for them , they aint noticable

:arco:

yeah! if you have your eyes open you will see them,
if you have them closed, you wont!!! DUH!!!!:uhm:

alright, calm down ! :kiss:

i am just of the opinion that if youknow something is there, you will notice it every time you glance in the direction of it.

however, i would guess if you asked 10 people if they noticed anything about your exhaust, most of then would say 'its shiney !' and not 'what are them m8 hank bushes i can see slightly pretruding.'

If they were that obvious, would you have not noticed it on the pictures posted by other members and therefore not bought them for that reason.

peace x

alright, calm down ! :kiss:

i am just of the opinion that if youknow something is there, you will notice it every time you glance in the direction of it.

however, i would guess if you asked 10 people if they noticed anything about your exhaust, most of then would say 'its shiney !' and not 'what are them m8 hank bushes i can see slightly pretruding.'

If they were that obvious, would you have not noticed it on the pictures posted by other members and therefore not bought them for that reason.

peace x

:blahblah1:
YAWN!!!

Finally got this done today...

My God those welds are not fun to get through!

iv been wanting to do this mod for ages but cant seem to find the right exhaust tips for my 2005 a3 ...... any help?