170 tdi booked in for dpf delete

dazjones

Reaction score
Hi not very often i start a topic but here goes..
Car is booked in at midland vw for a dpf delete and software, presume when they said software they meant performance sortware anyway had thought that until now
Anyone had much experience with these guys ? What power should i be looking at ?

I had mine done at Unicorn today and it made 215 on the rollers!!!

210/215 is about right. You'll love it after the deletes been done. Car will be more responsive and smoother and no chance of any DPF problems, re-gens or limp home mode ever again. Make sense.

Midland VW know their stuff. Mate of mine works there :)

They fitted my DPF pipe last year (software was done by me). Made 205bhp on their rollers. Chris (my mate) has spent a lot of time calibrating their rollers so they are about as accurate as you are going to get :)

Wow ! Just wow! Feel like i have a new car , awesomeness !

Reactions: Rhyso and Brodster
Right so all is still going well since the map, however been the daft fool i can be and because i had a few other things done at same time mot etc i complelty forgot to ask about the power print out that i should of got , do you normally have to ask for this or should you get given it regardless? Is it something they would have on file that i could ring up about and get printed off ?
This only just come to me as presumed it was in with the papers they gave me and only just noticed its not so now i havnt a clue what power it made exactly...

Well yeah but still would like to know what its know making exactly...

So is there a way they would be still able to print me 1 off like is it something that is saved on file ?

Some points DPF deleters may wish to consider:

Modifications to vehicle emission systems are illegal according to DoT.
Any mod which increases vehicle performance must be notified to your insurance company.
An insurance company notified of illegal modifications are duty bound to cancel your insurance.
Not notifying an insurance company means your policy is invalid.
Should you have a serious accident and the mods be discovered the consequence may be life changing for you.

I've always wondered about that - what about if you've got the car second hand and the previous owner had it remapped and the DPF delete and didn't tell you?