17" wheels on A6 3.0TDi will they fit over the brakes

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone know if 17" wheels will fit around the brakes of a 3.0TDi. I'm thinking of downsizing the alloys for comfort and because of the vast amount of pot holes in my area.

I've damaged a few 18" rims/tyres over the years so thinking about 17" rims, as I've got 16" on my A4 and never damaged a rim or tyre.

Yes. All possible tyre and wheel sizes compatible with your particular car are listed on the pressure chart in the fuel filler flap.

3.0s come with 17s when new, 16s will fit on the rear but not the front!!

Sorry not sure what size the 3.0 TDi brakes are would have to check.

Cheers just want to make sure 17" would fit. I'm not going 16" they would look lost on the car, but I think 17" should look OK.

The next question is I guess is the ET option, looking at wheels on etka for the A6 the ET options are 42, 43, 45 and 48 which is the standard offset? I'm guessing its 45.

Drop me a pm if you want some accessories as i still have loads from my old A6 avant.

17's should be fine on all but the RS6... most 16's would probably be too tight, although I'm sure you could find SOME that would fit.

Just looking around for Alloys at the moment, thats the difficult bit finding ones I think suit the car