17" Space saver size

DarmahDan

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently bought a '57 plate A3 2.0TDi Quattro and the space saver is an 18". The actual wheels I've got are 17". My thoughts are that if I should get a puncture that I can't fit the spare. So I need to get a replacement, does anyone know the correct size eg 3.5J x 17 ET25.5 ?? Many thanks in advance Rgds Dan

Long as the fitment (stud pattern, offset etc) is correct it will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

errrr you sure, 18" space saver on one corner, and 17" on the others on a Quattro - I know the diffs / gearbox are fairly tough, but wont it get itself totally wound up and knickers in a twist ?

Is there a known link to the wheel specifications used as space savers ?

Is there a known link to the wheel specifications used as space savers ?
Give your local Audi dealership a shout and they should be able to advise you and tell you if you would need 17 or 18"

That is the correct spare wheel for the car. The space saver is a lot narrower than a traditional wheel and has a 125/70/18 tyre on it.
If you compare the rolling circumference of the wheel against the 17 inch wheels you have it's within around 3%.
I had the same size wheel spare in my TT. It's the standard size spacesaver.
Don't get concerned about the quattro having an issue it's a haldex system not a torsen quattro which are a lot more fussy about tyre size differences.
You should only be driving at 50mph max and short distances with the spare on anyway.

http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin.../601/subcategory/601010/part_id/254951/lang/e

Reactions: DarmahDan and ch1z64