17" New RS4 style alloys, will they fit?

willnabby

RS-one day soon!!
Reaction score
Iv'e got a brand new A3 sportback coming soon with standard springs and ive just bought a set of New RS4 style alloys and im worried that they won't fit although they said they will where i bought them (potn.com) anyway the box's they came in say the following:- size 17x7.5, offset 35, pcd 5x112 & hub 57.1 they also have 225/45/17 tyres fitted, any help will be much appreciated, cheers.

I've got 42mm offset and mine rub on the rear arches.

Jaminbnen has had trouble with 45mm offset rubbing and so did Cupramax with 45's...

J.

The outer arch. JaminBen and Cupramax suffered from rubbing on the fron arch and mine rubbed on the rear arch.

Standard 18" RS6 alloys are a 54mm offset so the 35mm offset will stick out 19mm more depending on wheel width.

J.

On 17's? wouldn't have thought there would be any rubbing on them.

Thanks guys, i got a panic on after reading some of the old posts, iv'e got a mate with a 3door A3 sport i thought i'd try them on his soon cos thats factory lowered slightly i think so if that works mine should deffo be ok? its the whole offset and pcd things i don't understand properly thats all.

Pcd is the distance between each stud. e.g 4x100 (vauxhall) 4 studs which are 100mm apart.
Offset is how far the wheel sticks out basically, so lower the offset the further the wheel sticks out.

sounds quite simple explained like that, so what is the factory offset for the 16's that will come with the sportback? with the RS reps been 35 offset and 17" do you deffo think i'll just get away without any probs?

The offset for the 16s on the A3/Sportback is 50. I know this because I sold my old 16" SE wheels for a set of 17" Star alloys (which I think were 56).

I reckon 35 may be too little though. You might get rubbing at all corners, but don't panic - a set of spacers will sort it out.

If the offset is 50 then having a set of wheels with a 35 offset will mean they'll be further out of the arch by 15mm anyway. If you use spacers they'll be even further out.

Randomjim said:
If the offset is 50 then having a set of wheels with a 35 offset will mean they'll be further out of the arch by 15mm anyway. If you use spacers they'll be even further out.
Oops - you're right, 35 is indeed further out than 50.

There will be no problem with these rims since the car is standard height.

Where di you get them from if you dont mind me asking?

sorry people, i know this is not the correct place for this post, however i thought it was relevant!

I have a set of 18" A8 Monoblocks for sale if anyone is interested, perfect for the new A3, the come with as new tyres, polished to a very high standard and have a 48mm offset.... thats right! ET48...

offers of around £1100...