12v sockets

lledwoc

Reaction score
Daft question. Do all the 12v sockets go off when the ignition is switched off?? (Front, rear and boot).

I want to plug a dashcam into the rear seat socket and something else in the boot one.

There is a fuse position change in the fuse box which changes from "off with ignition" to "permanently on", but I think that maybe only applies to the front cigarette lighter socket?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daft question. Do all the 12v sockets go off when the ignition is switched off?? (Front, rear and boot).

I want to plug a dashcam into the rear seat socket and something else in the boot one.
8V...you can move fuse in passenger side fusebox which makes all 12v sockets permanently live. I've then wired another socket off the one in the boot to connect a spare phone which is hidden and used as a tracker.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SevenW and DJAlix
8V...you can move fuse in passenger side fusebox which makes all 12v sockets permanently live. I've then wired another socket off the one in the boot to connect a spare phone which is hidden and used as a tracker.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

thats a clever idea. I guess it just uses the GPS on the phone like 'find my phone' on the iphones etc

Is there any danger it could drain the car battery?

Is a good solution

Is there any danger it could drain the car battery?

Is a good solution
Could drain it (all depends how often/far you drive your car). Could fit a Power Magic Pro to avoid issues