12V not working

Spinstorm

Reaction score
I just noticed my 12V cigarette charger that has a USB power Anker plugged in gas stopped working.

I tried it on another car and it works. So that means it’s the 12V socket itself.

Could this be a fuse? How would I check this?

I just noticed my 12V cigarette charger that has a USB power Anker plugged in gas stopped working.

I tried it on another car and it works. So that means it’s the 12V socket itself.

Only way to know if it’s actually the socket is to check with another cable first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spinstorm
It was definitely the socket.

I checked the manual. Checked the fuse and saw it was blown. Replaced it and it’s working.

Good thing I got a 2 pack though as I dropped the first one down the back of the fuse box opening. That’s lost forever

Reactions: garethdj
Fuse for the Cigar lighter should not blow from inserting a USB power plug is my initial thoughts as they dont drain more than 2Amps, not unless faulty or something else.

Maybe only works with ignition on… Worth a mention I hope..

I plugged an inverter 12V to mains plug into it and a hair dryer as I wanted to heat the rear badges to replace them... (I was sent the wrong badges so that didn't happen!) but the hair dryer didn't turn on. Clearly, this blew the fuse. I have a feeling that the inverter I have was damaged years ago and not working so probably I shouldn't be surprised!

Image of @Spinstorm drying his hair and applying make-up whilst in a traffic jam ...

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: billymc92, NHN, 3vans and 5 others

RTFM :)

Plugs in a converter…….
giphy.gif

Fuse blows

Reactions: Spinstorm, 3vans, Mike.46 and 2 others
It's probably too much load, hairdryers do take a whack so to speak.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Spinstorm
It's probably too much load, hairdryers do take a whack so to speak.

One thing I’d thought I’d never see…….

Lol it’s not a Kia EV

Reactions: NHN
Actually I saw a Kia ev on the m1 today, that's a fecking unit, as much as people may say Kia urgghh, these guys were doing ev before even vag scratched there balls, I don't do badge snobbery, mostly anyway lol.

Actually I saw a Kia ev on the m1 today, that's a fecking unit, as much as people may say Kia urgghh, these guys were doing ev before even vag scratched there balls, I don't do badge snobbery, mostly anyway lol.

Before we bought the 8Y Was tempted to put a deposit on the EV6 GT for a November delivery.

We even test drove the regular one earlier this year, but there were a few things we didn’t like about it.