AVANT ALARM

B5 BIKER

Reaction score
ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE ALARM BATTERY SOUNDER IN A 99 A4 AVANT.
MINE WONT MAKE ANY NOISE AND I KNOW PROBABLY WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO CHANGE IT.
ANY IDEAS ON WHERE TO SOURCE ONE, OR IF ANYBODY HAS ONE SPARE LET ME KNOW.
I HAVE A SET OF LOWER DOOR MOULDINGS(BRAND NEW WITH ALL CLIPS) IF ANYONE'S INTRESTED IN A SWAP FOR OTHER BITS.

A4 or S4 door mouldings ?

And I think it's in the o/s of the boot or under the rear seats.

A4 avant, shuld be in the Driver side rear quarter, have to go in via the cover/access on the right as you look into the boot. feel down towards the floor and you should find it. held in by one 8/10mm bolt that affixes downward, and a single 3way electrical connection. Just to let you know, you can use a passat B5.5 sounder as well.

I've got an A8 one in the Avant

Pretty much all Audis from ~99 on use the same siern, mine came from a 2006 A8 on german ebay.

Later ones are a revised design and look a bit different but still work the same.

Good point. forgot about those ones. mind, im still on the lookout for one too :lmao:

As said, it is in the boot at the rear right storage panel
The fault with it is the battery, so if the unit is not corroded to buggery, there is an article somewhere on the net from a guy who cut the sounder in half and fitted new batteries. Sorry I can't remember where, but Google it.
My Avant one was too far gone for this, so I got another one from Audi - not cheap (£80ish IIRC)
The new one has a different dash number to the old one and as said is the same as th A8, IIRC it is a little bit louder.