12 year corrosion warranty!

Wouldn't even bother. I mentioned this about Sonny and got told each car and client was different, even though the claim offering I received is preset by Audi! How's that work? Anyway they still wouldn't budge from 70%.

I was told that every case / claim is assessed on a individual basis and they do take into account the cars previous service history etc, also if the car was purchased on a private purchase/indy garage or through audi's official dealership.
Audi told me they would not look at any sort of gratis repair on my car had the car not come through there dealer network etc , also as it has been sold by them with a 144 point used car check they were happy that it was a genuine fault and covered under the terms of the warranty, otherwise I would be expected to pay a % of the bill , which would have to be assessed .
So no two claims will be the same, nor will audi's offer etc.

Wouldn't even bother. I mentioned this about Sonny and got told each car and client was different, even though the claim offering I received is preset by Audi! How's that work? Anyway they still wouldn't budge from 70%.

I was told that every case / claim is assessed on a individual basis and they do take into account the cars previous service history etc, also if the car was purchased on a private purchase/indy garage or through audi's official dealership.
Audi told me they would not look at any sort of gratis repair on my car had the car not come through there dealer network etc , also as it has been sold by them with a 144 point used car check they were happy that it was a genuine fault and covered under the terms of the warranty, otherwise I would be expected to pay a % of the bill , which would have to be assessed .
So no two claims will be the same, nor will audi's offer etc.

It's b****cks though rob. Regardless of wether they sold me the car or it had been serviced by Audi every year. The matter is the corrosion is/has been caused by a manufacturing defect that they are well aware of. Thus they should in my eyes and the eyes of many others rectify their c*ck up. Like I explained to the warranty guy, I exepected to pay a small goodwill on my behalf, but to pay 30% for something that is no fault my own is frankly a joke.

Reactions: MartinHudson6
I agree dani , its typical audi all over but the problem is this, trying to prove it all, like all big companies and manafacturers they have set proceedures and rules on what they will or will not cover under warranties etc, they will also expect to see that any car is within their specific warranty terms or guidelines for a repair which can be very difficult for an owner to prove worthy for that contribution to a repair.

Like I said , i'm very lucky on this issues as I have it in writing from audi and they were happy that the car fell within its warranty terms etc and they had no problem doing the work , but it was based largely around the fact that they knew the car it had only had one previous owner , it had 29k miles on the clock when they sold it to me and had already been inpected by audi ,and , there was no know history of damage to the parts in question .
I know that sounds like a lot of rollocks on the surface dani but that's how they seem to work on this issue, well at least in my case.

They would argue that if a car has had , lets just say, 4 owners prior to yourself they would have no way of knowing how that car has been treated or maintained over its lifetime prior to yourself....you may have kept it immaculate and get washed under the wheel arches everyweek but they don't know that and the damage may have been done long before you got the car, so no it's not your fault dani , but as with most things that are warranty based there can be so many possible solutions or arguments about the problem , at the end of the day it allways going to be difficult to convince them its not your fault, but they hold the trump card and it can cost more to argue the case than just go with the offer they make, you just need to come to an agreed deal with them that is the best you'll get.

You'll get know where with them throught the small claims court dani, I've been there and tried it several times with car warranties ended up costing me more than the work would have been to start with, so don't go that way , maybe threaten them with it with a firmly written letter , but you wont win a case against audi on this one dani.

Don't forget Dani, audi know based on there examination recently that there is very little if any chance of me having to get back to them and make the claim, so that fact they offered what they did is all a bit academic really, the warranty will expire in a 2019 , they must be vary confident that it wont develop any of the corrosion issues before that date so they have not really given me anything other than a piece of paper for my piece of mind.....they've done what they have to do from a legal standpoint but that's about it really, after the warranties expiries I am in the same boat as everyone else.

They would argue that if a car has had , lets just say, 4 owners prior to yourself they would have no way of knowing how that car has been treated or maintained over its lifetime prior to yourself....you may have kept it immaculate and get washed under the wheel arches everyweek but they don't know that and the damage may have been done long before you got the car, so no it's not your fault dani , but as with most things that are warranty based there can be so many possible solutions or arguments about the problem , at the end of the day it allways going to be difficult to convince them its not your fault, but they hold the trump card and it can cost more to argue the case than just go with the offer they make, you just need to come to an agreed deal with them that is the best you'll get.

1 owner or 1,000,000 owners, it makes NO DIFFERENCE. How it was looked after (ie washed weekly daily or once in a decade) is again irrelevant, their warranty terms don't stipulate the car has to be kept meticulously clean.

The ONLY thing that matters and what their warranty states is that it is not from prior damage....how to they check that, simple, with a paint depth gauge. A new factory fresh paint finish will have an even thickness of paint around the entire car, a resprayed area will have a (relatively) much thicker coat of paint in that area it was fixed. We are talking microns here, but paint isn't layered on by the inch, so we have to talk about microns.

If they can clearly see from the paint depth gauge that no prior repair has taken place that's it, end of discussion. This is not a "good will" claim, this is a WARRANTY claim. If my TV broke tomorrow do you think I would accept it if LG said "we'll only pay 50% because you are the 2nd owner from new even though the TV is 2 months old and you have the paperwork to prove it".

Seriously, the only way they are getting around this by calling it a "good will" is because they claim that this is actually the result of a paint defect and comes under their "3 year paint warranty, not the 12 year perforation warranty". Well how does that work? I mean the 2 go hand in hand really. If they sold a car that has no paint at all it would rust into nothingness, the same happens with a paint defect, it will cause the body underneath to rust and the paint to bubble.

Sure it may have STARTED as a paint defect, but the end result is rust, and that should be covered under the 12 year warranty. Problem is, unless you take legal action and win (therefore setting a legal precedence), they will always continue to play this game.

Reactions: MartinHudson6
no probs with what you say , just stating from my experience and what audi stated to me, I've had so many run in's with cars and so called warranties and they use what ever clause they can to get out of it... and the legal route is very unlikely to get anyware in this country wether it's audi or any other car company....just too many hoops and get out clauses to be successful....been there tried it and not just with bodywork issues and if you do it normally cost more than the repair would have been to start with....
there is the term " preventative maintainace " and many car makers hide behind it , i'm not saying this is the case with the corrosion issue but it could be used ...
anyway, not arguing the point for audi, just stating how they delt with me and from previous issue with other cars over my 30 years of ownership....I suspect if you looked into it further the % of b7's that have been repaired as "good will" and at a decent rate due to this issue is very low given the production quantity involved...

I'll just wait and see if mine goes pair shaped then....

Hi.
I'm a newbie to this site. Own a 2007 56 registered A3 S line PD170 in dolphin grey.
Having the same problem but on the drivers rear quarter panel.
After dropping my car off for a "paint inspection" on the 26th of April, only this morning do I get a response back! I have called the garage in excess of five times to get a response to no avail, always coming back with "leave your phone number and we'll get back to you".

I then decided to phone customer services explaining the problem. Their comment was saying that it should have not taken this long at all to give me an answer. And maybe do it on goodwill. They said they would contact the dealer (stoke Audi) to try and get a response.
Ten days later I decide to phone customer services again because they hadn't got back, the guy then said he'd take over the complaint case and get in contact with the dealer again. The other day I get a call back from the garage, typical as I was driving back home from work so I couldn't answer it. Phoned back half an hour later to be left with the response "he's busy at the moment, so I left them my number and of course nobody got back.
Today I phoned up again, spoke to the service manager and he told me simply "it wouldn't be covered under warranty" explaining no reason as to why. I then ask for the micron paint readings in writing to be sent to my address, he then says can I call you back. Half an hour later my phone rings and it's now a sales manager who for some reason did the paint readings on my car (I would have thought it would have been a part of the body shop department to deal with this aspect?)

Finally I ask to have the readings posted to me, his response was that would be a different matter entirely. So he said what the readings were to me on the phone. Claiming that the area effected has a paint micron depth of 1188 - 87.2 and the door, which I never asked for them to check.

He has sent me an e-mail with some photos and a closing response "Unfortunately there is no manufacturer’s warranty on these panels"

no probs with what you say , just stating from my experience and what audi stated to me, I've had so many run in's with cars and so called warranties and they use what ever clause they can to get out of it... and the legal route is very unlikely to get anyware in this country wether it's audi or any other car company....just too many hoops and get out clauses to be successful....been there tried it and not just with bodywork issues and if you do it normally cost more than the repair would have been to start with....
there is the term " preventative maintainace " and many car makers hide behind it , i'm not saying this is the case with the corrosion issue but it could be used ...
anyway, not arguing the point for audi, just stating how they delt with me and from previous issue with other cars over my 30 years of ownership....I suspect if you looked into it further the % of b7's that have been repaired as "good will" and at a decent rate due to this issue is very low given the production quantity involved...

I'll just wait and see if mine goes pair shaped then....
Hi Rob could you take pic of the area thats started to go as i no it common but my 56 plate i cant see anything dont now if im just being blind.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Morning Gents

I recently bought a 12 plate A7 and I absolutely love it.

After washing it yesterday I noticed the paint was bubbling over the wheel arches, and on a couple of sections it's starting to flake away under the lip itself.

I suspect Audi will not entertain a warranty repair. Does anyone know if the warranty is only for the first owner?

And also has anyone gone to CA when Audi refused to repair under warranty.

Thanks
Adam

Morning Gents

I recently bought a 12 plate A7 and I absolutely love it.

After washing it yesterday I noticed the paint was bubbling over the wheel arches, and on a couple of sections it's starting to flake away under the lip itself.

I suspect Audi will not entertain a warranty repair. Does anyone know if the warranty is only for the first owner?

And also has anyone gone to CA when Audi refused to repair under warranty.

Thanks
Adam
If its the same as my old b7 you book appointment at audi. They measure paint depth and if within tolerence and looks like hasnt previously been painted they will quote the job and under good will knock approx 70% off. Cost me £400 for 2 new wings and painting

Forgot to update this thread. Audi reckoned the wing had previously been repaired. Going to keep my eye on it.

Looks like some people have had good results. We bought ours 1 1/2 years old less than 20,000 miles from Audi , had it serviced there up to 90,000 miles then started to notice some bodywork bubbling under the paint. Tried to get work done through the warranty even went through Audi uk . After about 2 years of a massive battle they agreed to do some bodywork but by then more cases of bubbles had occurred. It was a real nightmare . Eventually just told them to stuff it! They were awful! We still own the car and now has done 160,000 miles, it's never been near an Audi dealer again and I will never buy another direct from a dealer due to the poor customer care. It's been and still is a great work horse, apart from the bubbling . Since this we have bought a Land Rover, vw and Porsche. I guess they just don't really care about the odd individual especially nowadays where it's more about lease. Still love it thou

Reactions: tr7