Help Please 11m wider offset - will it rub?

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
My S4 runs on stock suspension, 19-inch wheels with 8.5J rims and ET43 offset. Assuming no other changes, what are the chances of the tyres fouling the arches if I fitted S5 wheels, 19-inch, 8.5J and ET32 offset?

My S4 runs on stock suspension, 19-inch wheels with 8.5J rims and ET43 offset. Assuming no other changes, what are the chances of the tyres fouling the arches if I fitted S5 wheels, 19-inch, 8.5J and ET32 offset?

You'll be fine Jeff. No rubbing especially if you are on stock springs. Unlikely you'll rub even if you go lower.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Reactions: jdp1962
Linky no worky. :)

IMG 5345

It could be close depending on your make of tyre.

I rubbed in the rear with 10mm spacers on Dunlop sp sport maxx but had clearance when I swapped to Michelin as the shoulders were more rounded. I was lowered on springs but lowering only effects your starting point. The wheels still take the same sweep path so loaded up and over a big dip in the road you could catch. It would only be on the small flap where the rear bumper meets the rear arch so wouldn’t cause any problems really

Ah. I’m on Dunlop Sport Maxx, and I’ve just bought the wheels. Oh well, let’s see how it goes.

EFBD0FA9 27B4 4D6A B652 1A1497F26AF9

Found these on eBay today: got them for £430 delivered. The tyres on them are, ironically, Michelin, but they’re worn down. I’l switch my Dunlops on instead, as they’re nearly new.

Reactions: V6_Man, RS5 JON and Charlie Farley
That’s a good price you paid for those alloys, I paid £750 over two years ago with budget tyres.

They are fine on my S4 Avant with Michelin PS4 and stock suspension, no rubbing generally unless I go over a speed bump a bit faster than I should be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 188753

Found these on eBay today: got them for £430 delivered. The tyres on them are, ironically, Michelin, but they’re worn down. I’l switch my Dunlops on instead, as they’re nearly new.

Nice alloys Jeff and really good price as well .

The above picture that I shared is that of an S4 on an A5 rotors and is sitting on stock suspension. You can clearly see the gap between the arch and tyre.

You would rub only if two Yokozuna were sitting at the rear .

Arrived today:

Unpacked and dirty
IMG 1353

Cleaned and sealed
IMG 1354

On
IMG 1356

IMG 1357

IMG 1358

Reactions: RyanJonS4, Bristle Hound, RS5 JON and 1 other person
Look good. Don't forget to tell your insurance company, it shouldn't make any difference to the premium but wise to let them know anyway.

Look good. Don't forget to tell your insurance company, it shouldn't make any difference to the premium but wise to let them know anyway.
I’ve sent Adrian Flux an email, including a picture of the fitted wheels. Just had the auto acknowledgment so far; the actual reply should follow in the next few days.

@jdp1962 - S4 looking fab with the new wheels mate :thumbs up:
Now you need to change you signature picture ;):D
Thanks, pal. I love them: they transform the look in a way that pictures don’t do justice to. I’ve always preferred all silver alloys anyway, plus the extra 11mm poke makes a massive difference aesthetically.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and V6_Man