Snapped wire

takworldwide

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just replaced my n75,should of been a 5 minute job but I've snapped one of the wires connecting to the n75. Normally this would be fine as I would just use a joiner block to reconnect them, but the wire has snapped inside the plastic housing, which is sealed!

Anyone got any ideas??

Oh and I'm about 130miles from home!

Cheers

Hi all,

Just replaced my n75,should of been a 5 minute job but I've snapped one of the wires connecting to the n75. Normally this would be fine as I would just use a joiner block to reconnect them, but the wire has snapped inside the plastic housing, which is sealed!

Anyone got any ideas??

Oh and I'm about 130miles from home!

Cheers

I have no idea what you mean by N75 wires!!?

Can you upload a picture?

Yep they are the ones. It's a sealed connector and the wire has snapped inside. Will the engine run alrite til I get home?

Yep they are the ones. It's a sealed connector and the wire has snapped inside. Will the engine run alrite til I get home?

Yeah if you just leave the N75 unplugged you'll be running on actuator pressure only which is about 6psi normally. This wont effect the running of the car but will throw up a fault code when next scanned.

The way i see it mate you've got two options.....

1. Try and get the pin out of the connector by sliding something down the side of it to release the clip, and replacing it (send me a pm with the size of the clip and ill see if I've got one ;) ).

2. (not as good as option 1.) Try and solder the wire back on while the connector is still in the plug.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do ;)

where are u mate ive got soldererer ect manchester

thanks for all the help lads.(again)

I have repaired the connector, i cut the second wire from the loom. then hacksawed further into the connector, luckily there was some wire left connected to the spade! Went to an electrical shop and bought some joiner blocks and reconnected. just need to wrap it in electrical tape, not sure weather it will last or not?

thanks again fellas for the quick responses, ASN = audi bible!