11.7 seconds 1/4 mile B9 S4 - DTUK MPT TCU+ gearbox flash

ABYSS

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

one of our customers in the USA has recently taken his S4 to the strip and managed an impressive 11.706 second 1/4 mile time.

DTUK MP-T tuning box
DTUK TCU+ Gearbox flash
Roc-euro intake
ECS inlet pipe

8421D03B-9248-4841-857B-82B0586C9EAB_zpsuh2jjpef.jpeg

09938758-1E52-4106-B34D-BE42CC297AE2_zpslnhdtusc.jpeg

Another customer in Canada running just the box and TCU gearbox flash managed an 11.89 seconds :)

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
Low 1.6s 60 foot time is very good was he using standard tyres ? Judging by the reaction time probably using launch control although he was running on his own so nobody else to race.

I would take a guess at full bolt on cars (intake, downpipe, exhaust) with DTUK piggyback and gearbox flash being good for 11.5x and 120mph on the right day with the right tyres.

Getting closer to the tuned B8 numbers now!

What power and torque is it likely to be?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

After watching a few videos of rs5 b9s they do the quarter in 11.6 so must be around 450bhp

The RS models seem to be about 40kg heavier than equivalent S models. They also run a 265 width tyre. I suspect with quatro AWD a 245 tyre isnt limiting traction, so the heavier wheels and increased friction might actually be a slight negative in terms of drag racing.

So my finger in the air guess is 430bhp in an S is where 11.7x comes up.

The person who ran the 11.7 had 275/30/20 wheels with falken azenis. Not to sure on weight to be honest but the RS also comes standard with sports diff. Not sure if the s5 had that option

Hi guys! This is my car and I did the runs. B9S5 coupe with sport diff and mods posted are correct. The car was full weight plus me so around 3800lbs and heavy 20x10.5 inch wheels. Some of you are curious about the power it's putting down. Let's not underestimate the power it takes to trap a 3800lbs car at 117.8 mph. From my experience and after seeing hundreds of runs from various cars, it is fair to say that the car must be pushing over 480hp to be that quick. My 11.65 is on par with that trap speed there is even room left for a 11.5xx. Believe it or not, even with a low 1.6xx 60' I had traction issues due to very low temps. And this is not a lucky run, I did 3 11.6xx@117.xx runs that day.

This is the best run so far see the 1.670 60', it could have been better:20181021 165802

Reactions: NevMan, scotty76, pierreluigi88 and 3 others
Thanks for the extra details mtlquattro.
I don't know if US spec and Euro spec differ hugely on curb weight but the B9 s5 Coupe comes in at 3553lbs for us (15-20kg / 30-40lbs lighter than an s4 sedan.

The wider rubber clearly makes some great 60ft times possible. Did you have any means of comparison with the stock 255 tyres & 19" wheels on how it affected trap speed?

I assume you are running your piggy back on map 3+3 with some E85 for example?

Much appreciated!

Well my car as it sits is 3575lbs plus me 200lbs and random stuff like tools, etc I round it to 3800lbs so yeah it is a bit lighter than a sedan. Also the coupe might have a slight advantage in drag coefficient but not sure about that one.

I never ran this setup with my stock cavos wheels as I use them for winter so I can't bring numbers to compare but my 20's are definetely heavier and it sure does not help trap speed. I would bet that 255's with quattro get as much traction as 275's if not more due to the higher profile so more rubber to compress on the launch. Wider is not always better.

North american cars seems to react different to the piggyback, I run a us/canada specific map on pump gas, no ethanol, only 94 (ron+mon)/2

My 11.65 is on par with that trap speed there is even room left for a 11.5xx. Believe it or not, even with a low 1.6xx 60' I had traction issues due to very low temps. And this is not a lucky run, I did 3 11.6xx@117.xx runs that day.
Have you considered running a DTUK Pedal Box, as surely that would help lower times?
If you had traction issues, would that not have affected your time and/or speed? Time & speed are not always co-related.

North american cars seems to react different to the piggyback, I run a us/canada specific map on pump gas, no ethanol, only 94 (ron+mon)/2
For those who are not aware, US/Canadian S4's have to run a modified map programme to the rest of the world DTUK Tune Box.

I have not considered the pedal box. My understanding of it is that it changes the imput of the throttle in relation of the pedal position for better street drivability. Since 1/4 mile is done pedal to the floor 100% of the time, I don't see how this could yield better times but I may be wrong.

The relation of e.t. versus trap is somewhat tricky. Sometimes, some wheel spin in the firts 60' will actually get you higher trap speed but higher e.t. An old saying about that is that you have more time to build up speed lol. That is completely wrong and stupid in every way, anyone with a good understanding of basic physics should know why. The real explanation for that has more to do with momentun and being higher in the rev range in relation of your position on the track. The potential e.t. can be estimated from the trap speed. Trap speed is dependant of the power that the car is putting down. Good e.t is dependant of the lauch and getting traction.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMI77
I have not considered the pedal box. My understanding of it is that it changes the imput of the throttle in relation of the pedal position for better street drivability. Since 1/4 mile is done pedal to the floor 100% of the time, I don't see how this could yield better times but I may be wrong.
My thinking was that with a high setting, it may well give you a better reaction time, and yes, I may be wrong as well.

The relation of e.t. versus trap is somewhat tricky. Sometimes, some wheel spin in the firts 60' will actually get you higher trap speed but higher e.t. An old saying about that is that you have more time to build up speed lol. That is completely wrong and stupid in every way, anyone with a good understanding of basic physics should know why. The real explanation for that has more to do with momentun and being higher in the rev range in relation of your position on the track. The potential e.t. can be estimated from the trap speed. Trap speed is dependant of the power that the car is putting down. Good e.t is dependant of the lauch and getting traction.

Noted, but that old saying is correct for old f@rts like me, who failed physics at school, as with wheelspin one is sitting there wasting time. ;-)
Speed & E.T. are also dependent on gearing and spread of power through the rev range?
Having been to many, many drag meets over multiple decades, I understand.
Many thanks.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right about gearing.

Has anyone running the pedal box? I would be curious to see if someone did some 0-60 times before and after.

I really don't think a pedal box is going to do anything for you.

From the moment you stage and set launch control to the moment you trap, your foot is at 100% throttle input!

That was my understanding about the pedal box and I never even bothered to look at them like I mentionned earlier. I had false hope to be proven wrong though!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kakatk
I think a downpipe would do well for you next as you have all the required traction.

Weight reduction would work too but it seems shameful to pull apart such a nicely made interior doesn't it haha

I would rather add power than reducing weight! On that subject, I have a project coming including a bigger turbo

I won't go into details here since this thread was started by Andrew. I really respect his product and this thread is about DTUK. I will keep you posted on the evolution of this, i'll start another thread.

Silly rabbit motorsport hybrid gtx3582r bb.....
7202690fc56543a3d533b781e9043572.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
For a limited period we’re offering 15% off the MPT with app control to ASN members, this is an extra 5% over and above our Black for day deal.

If anyone is interested please drop me a DM with the discount code

For a limited period we’re offering 15% off the MPT with app control to ASN members, this is an extra 5% over and above our Black for day deal.

If anyone is interested please drop me a DM with the discount code
Is there a code for this like with the gearbox mod? I'm currently in Mexico so unable to ring up

just added these deals and they're only available by contacting me direct via PM

Black Friday group deals

Box with app £525.00
Box with app plus pedalbox plus with app £715.00
As above plus TCU+ £1080.00

Prices above include Uk delivery, for Europe please add £25.00 to the prices above.

TCU+ on its own £380
TCU+ plus pedalbox plus £570

These deals aren’t available online so please contact me via DM

Pedalbox plus with app £199
Pedalbox without app £179

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Does the app support Siri shortcuts or the shortcuts app? If so that would be great as you could use Siri to change modes without touching the phone.

if anyone is on the fence you have a couple of days left to save

15% of the TCU+ - use code TCU15 at checkout

15% off the MPT- with app control - use code CYBER15 at checkout

offer ends 9am on Monday