100 mile engine run in and stock dyno run

Powerenhancer

Reaction score
I am using the car to test a series of different fuel and oil technologies. Before I can do that I needed a baseline. Just over 1700 miles on the engine now and first run results below using Shell V-Power.

This engine was run- in within the first 100 miles from new. This was achieved with the engine up to full operating temperature and speed/load gradually built up throughout the revs and different gears whilst ensuring engine braking was used where possible and/or safe to do so.

For me this virtually guarantees low to nil oil consumption and solid power from the stock engine/tune.

Tested on a Dyno Dynamics unit at AP Tuning in Norwich that is known in the area to break a few hearts with regards to lower than expected numbers when compared to some other dyno’s.

Results: 410.7 HP / 416.5 PS

Attachments

• torque.jpg
    torque.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: E15, Dan_DJT, jimojameso and 3 others
I am using the car to test a series of different fuel and oil technologies. Before I can do that I needed a baseline. Just over 1700 miles on the engine now and first run results below using Shell V-Power.

This engine was run- in within the first 100 miles from new. This was achieved with the engine up to full operating temperature and speed/load gradually built up throughout the revs and different gears whilst ensuring engine braking was used where possible and/or safe to do so.

For me this virtually guarantees low to nil oil consumption and solid power from the stock engine/tune.

Tested on a Dyno Dynamics unit at AP Tuning in Norwich that is known in the area to break a few hearts with regards to lower than expected numbers when compared to some other dyno’s.

Results: 410.7 HP / 416.5 PS

Strange dyno chart plot you have there. The crossover point for power and torque should always be 5,252 rpm regardless of engine size, state of tune etc. Its a mathematical thing between the HP and Torque outputs. Google it and you will see what I mean. Dont know how it could be at 4,750 rpm.

The cross over at 5200 only occurs if the power and torque axis are scaled the same . In this case they aren't.