1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 mile engine run in and stock dyno run

Powerenhancer Oct 10, 2018

1. Powerenhancer

Powerenhancer Active Member

I am using the car to test a series of different fuel and oil technologies. Before I can do that I needed a baseline. Just over 1700 miles on the engine now and first run results below using Shell V-Power.

This engine was run- in within the first 100 miles from new. This was achieved with the engine up to full operating temperature and speed/load gradually built up throughout the revs and different gears whilst ensuring engine braking was used where possible and/or safe to do so.

For me this virtually guarantees low to nil oil consumption and solid power from the stock engine/tune.

Tested on a Dyno Dynamics unit at AP Tuning in Norwich that is known in the area to break a few hearts with regards to lower than expected numbers when compared to some other dyno’s.

Results: 410.7 HP / 416.5 PS

Attached Files:

E15, Dan_DJT, jimojameso and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Beebee-one

Beebee-one Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi RS3

Strange dyno chart plot you have there. The crossover point for power and torque should always be 5,252 rpm regardless of engine size, state of tune etc. Its a mathematical thing between the HP and Torque outputs. Google it and you will see what I mean. Dont know how it could be at 4,750 rpm.

4. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

The cross over at 5200 only occurs if the power and torque axis are scaled the same . In this case they aren't.

5. Beebee-one

Beebee-one Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi RS3

Good spot! My fault for being up so late! Lol.
    Nice figures for a stock engine.:thumbs up:

6. Powerenhancer

Powerenhancer Active Member

This