10-Park/Steer Assist -- Status: Cannot be reached 1100

Douglas Lehman

Reaction score
This is one of the major things that pop up but there are so many on my scan. It all happened at once and dash was a christmas tree. Now it just has a steering wheel, traction control and ABS light on. Car drives fine and mostly everything works but my sensors are out on door handles. Need to fix. See my recent scan. Not sure really where to start. All my fuses are ok at the driver door. I could have an issue with my BCM since it is on the scan a lot as well. But car drives fine so it seems.
Any ideas to get me started would be great. I have not found much online so far. People have this same issue but no how they resolved it.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Scan-WAUXF78K49A064039-20190812-2349-250200km-155467mi.txt
    68 KB · Views: 271
Stat with module 10, which cannot be reached. Could be dead or faulty. If it's not a fuse or wiring fault then it will need to be replaced.

Ok thanks. Where is that module located? I have an Avant thinking in the back side panel maybe??

A lot of those DTCs are single frequency with old datestamps. And some show low battery voltage. I'm not suggesting that this is the problem, but have seen situations like this in the past which have arisen when the battery starts to go bad. If yours is good then I agree that module 10 looks suspect. But don't try diagnosing problems with a bad battery because it can send you on a wild goose chase.

Yes this crossed my mind battery is not old but then again it's not an approved Audi battery. It did get low charge recently sitting in garage. I left the cable plugged in for over a week. It's the wifi cable so it was always transmitting. Didn't think about it but I had these codes before that. I cleared the codes several times now to try to narrow down the issues. My back up camera works but my back up sensors stopped over a year ago. So it would seem it was module 10 since that is not working. I just need to know where it is. I'll try to Google it. But I can have the battery checked to make sure it's good. Wouldn't be the first Time a battery was short lived on me.

I have a couple of "known" DTCs on my car which I clear before each scan. They come back, as expected, but with a new timestamp. Some of the DTCs in your scan date back to June. Have they failed to clear?

Yes they have. But the major issue was here a few weeks ago. That's when the steering abs and traction light came on originally. I'll up load the scan when u get a minute from my laptop. I lost past to HVAC and radio was going on and off by itself. I had Gremlins going through my electrical system. I was driving when it all happened

Here is my scan after all the crazy lights and such I believe. It is not too much different I think.

Attachments

• Scan-WAUXF78K49A064039-20190709-0912-249560km-155069mi.txt
    76.8 KB · Views: 92
When my battery died my instrument panel lit up like a Christmas tree. If the battery power is low the car will shut down modules throwing up errors. The first thing I would do is to use VCDS to check the state of the battery.

Ok I did do that when it happened and it was over 12 volts but I will check again. It did get really low when i let it set for awhile. Left my cable hooked up and it is wifi so it consumed power which almost killed the battery. But like I said I check it before that but will check again,