1.9tdi screaming brakes

devil666x

Reaction score
Hey guys hope you can help.
Had my brakes checked by 2 differet garages and they say the brakes are fine but they scream like mad when i brake. one garage even took them off and gave them a clean and grease.

Someone said to me that the brakes might be the wrong material. I was under the impression they were all metal.

Does anyone which material brakes i should use? Think it might be the fronts that are making the noise because they the new ones. might need to replace them. any specific ons for the a4?

this happened to mine when i first bought mine, had all the pads changed,even though they still had plenty of life in them and problem solved

check the springs are there that keep the pads from vibrating, and see if you can get ebc greenstuff pads, theyre better anyway and very quiet with lots of bite.

are the disc surfaces smooth or ringed / pitted? To make a sound, there must be vibration of some sort, just high frequency. you can put copper grease on the caliper slides and the rear of the pads which should make them quiet.

cheers guys i will get them to a garage and get them to do all those.

just to take them off and check the guy wanted 60 quid today told him where to get off!

****** right! conning bstards, go to kwikfit and watch the inspection, then dont buy anything just get the free brake diagnosis.