1.9Tdi Remap?

Black_B6

Reaction score
Whos had their 1.9Tdi remapped?

..mines the 1.9Tdi Sport...

Is it worth it? What gains do you see? Does it improve economy?

also as they are already torque'y - how does a remap play its part with this?

Cheers

had mine done at awesome, it's now got a custom map as the generic was a little fierce for the mrs driving it... the custom map is so much better and smoother and yep feul economy much better indeed..... and is it worth it ???? my a4 as a 130 was like driving a boring canal boat lol now its a mad speed boat thats how much difference its made

So what's your car pushing out with the custom map Mark?

nearly 169 @ 276lbft torque drives so much better would advise custom all the way now

yes but no !!! like a nob i left it on there counter, must try and get a copy sent over... sorry type error 266 lbft

marktdisport

Sounds great. I must admit the guys at Awesome are...well awesome.. i popped over to them to have a Miltek excaust system installed on my 1.8T Golf MK4....some years ago

So to clarify your on 170bhp - sounds a nice gain to me...

How much did Awesome charge for the remap?

HI cant actually say because i had a deal from a generic map.... But it seem's to be around £300-350 but worth every penny imo

Hi,

I am also thinking of getting my Audi A3 1.9tdi (2008, 39k mileage) remapped from Awesome Gti, which is throwing out 1.05bhp Audi standard.

I can state with experience that 1.9tdi pd engines truly are bullet proof and very efficent after owning VW Passat 1.9tdi (2000, 56k mileage)

I do admit the diesel sound is more i.e. tractor like noise, but noisekiller in Oldham can do sound-proofing around the engine,bay and surroundings, just speak to Grant.

:) Happy days!!!

careful with the 105bhp engines: they come with a lower spec clutch... I've seen one mapped to >150bhp, but they couldn't even do a dyno run without burning the clutch...

for the 130TDI, 150bhp shoudl be fine, lots of people seem to get 170-175bhp, but you will be stressing the clutch a bit.

Hi,

I am also thinking of getting my Audi A3 1.9tdi (2008, 39k mileage) remapped from Awesome Gti, which is throwing out 1.05bhp Audi standard.

I can state with experience that 1.9tdi pd engines truly are bullet proof and very efficent after owning VW Passat 1.9tdi (2000, 56k mileage)

I do admit the diesel sound is more i.e. tractor like noise, but noisekiller in Oldham can do sound-proofing around the engine,bay and surroundings, just speak to Grant.

:) Happy days!!!

By how much does the sound proofing reduce the noise?

Hi all
i got mine done 6 months now and love it
before my turbo span at 2 k rpm
to 3 k rpm and levelled off
now 1.5 k rpm all the way to red line
so much better to drive
i payed 195
i g100 cash and 95 on card , but there only charged
me 95.pence
so I got it remaped for 100,95 p
sweet

Where did you get yours done? I am in S Wales too and looking for someone local.

Willf - how far are you from Bromsgrove... there were lots of guys driving from London out there and S Wales is closer... Chip'N'Spin guys seemed very reasonable (and they sponsor this site!).

I've seen 150bhp out of "100bhp" 1.9TDI's... but as stated before - the clutch is the weak point, so be prepared to upgrade that too!

how long does it take for a remap mark ? obviously you know im in sheffield so id have to drive down to awsome ! would i have to leave it there or can it be done while i wait ?

A generic map would not take long but a custom one would be a few hours until they tune it right.

how long does it take for a remap mark ? obviously you know im in sheffield so id have to drive down to awsome ! would i have to leave it there or can it be done while i wait ?

I'll let Mark answer for himself, if he's doing the work, but most places will take 5-10mins to plug in and take the chip data down, then RR run (5mins?) another 5mins to upload the new data, RR run (5mins) and then depending on if that came back as running fine, you're probably set to go: depending on quite how "customised" the remap is... if you already have a heavily customised car, then it may need multiple RR runs and re-flashes to try out different combinations, but most places will call it a "custom" remap, but in reality, it's just a remap that specific for your type of car with "custom" tweaks depending on what other alterations you have: if car is standard use this "custom map", if has induction kit, use this "custom map", if it's de-catted + induction, use this standard map....

A proper "customised" re-map can take a few hours as you need to re-run the RR several times, check data (power output, exhaust emissions - to see how rich it's running) and then reflash and re-run... but most are done in 45mins to an hour, including before and after RR runs to check that the changes have had the desired effect and no ill-effects...

I'd always insist on before and after RR runs: I've seen some tuners refuse to map a car based on fueling/turbo issues that would render the remap useless... likewise, I've had a large amount of engine work done (and remap) where the tuners neglected to RR the car (despite saying that they would) and the FPR couldn't deliver enough fuel at high revs, so over a grand was completely wasted due to lack of fuel - which was picked up as SOON as I took it to another garage that bothered to RR it properly: "mate, she's running sweet, but VERY lean at the top end"... and I got another 20+ bhp out of a quick FPR replacement!

Hi there I also have a 130 bhp 1.9 tdi which I had remapped at gti show by shark performance it's now 171 bhp and you can really tell the difference it's really smooth but goes like stink I'm so impressed with it and would recommend shark to anyone.my car is on 134k and runs sweet as a nut with the map

Hi all
i got mine done 6 months now and love it
before my turbo span at 2 k rpm
to 3 k rpm and levelled off
now 1.5 k rpm all the way to red line
so much better to drive
i payed 195
i g100 cash and 95 on card , but there only charged
me 95.pence
so I got it remaped for 100,95 p
sweet

who mapped yours?

Hi there I also have a 130 bhp 1.9 tdi which I had remapped at gti show by shark performance it's now 171 bhp and you can really tell the difference it's really smooth but goes like stink I'm so impressed with it and would recommend shark to anyone.my car is on 134k and runs sweet as a nut with the map

I too had mine mapped at GTi International by Shark Performance (1.9TDi 130PD) for £179 & i'm well happy with the results, turbo kicks in earlier and pulls smoothly further up the revs than before :)

Mines on 144k, no probs :)

Anyone else had theirs done by Awesome, they have their deal on for £150 all in at the moment. Very tempted.

Hi

yeer i wouldn't like to say now ..coz they may chases me up for some dosh ...:jump:

but all maps are great for the PD engines mine on 117,000 k and after my new clutch and solid flywheel it blows.....

have fun ...

Hi you may of seen my post yesterday about my blacksmoke map which I am very happy with and cant stress how good it is for the money. I was told by blacksmoke that my car was allready mapped which I never knew but he said it was done really naff and my fuel consumption must be terrible which I always thought. Once I recieved the new file and uploaded it the difference was noticeable syraight away even though they stated power increase would only be about 15bhp over the shoddy map but its so much smoother and pulls right to the redline I cant wait the see my mpg difference either.

any recommendations on a customer mapper? I had my 105 remapped at awesome, but the turbo gave up after a while, i have a hybrid on there now and need to have a custom map put in to get the best out of it.
Cars a 1.9TDI 8P

My Quattro Sport is mapped with the REVO Stage 1, and was done by Northampton Motorsport. Cost me £360 inc VAT. Having had my 1.9GT TDi PD 130 Mk4 Golf mapped with the same map previously, I think I had the A4 mapped 3 days after I had bought it. My old Golf was on 140k, and the guy I work with who bought it from me can't get over how quick it is or how reliable. In Audi form the extra weight does slow it down, and with 4wd the transmission lag is noticable, however compared to the stock 130 bhp it is smooth, has tons of grunt, and has my other half scrabbling for the grab handle as I pull onto dual carriageways and the like. As said by other guys the power delivery goes all the way from 1700 RPM up to the redline before running out of steam, and is a pleasure to drive. Great for safe overtaking (my commute is country roads and dual carriageways). Oh and apart from the new turbo my car needed (she is on 201k now so unlikely a result of the map, more of age) I have noticed no real change in the MPG for the extra grunt I now have. Sky Insurance insured me on the mapped car for a very good price too! I can't comment on the other brands of map but they are a recommended and welcome addition to a very good car, in my opinion.

Reactions: DieselJake
Hi..had mine done by AMD few weeks ago..its a 1.9 130....now producing 180 and 300 lb ft..goes lovely with broader spread of power and torque across rev range.Interestingly though before it was mapped the read out said it was producing 149 bhp...the guys said thats not unsual ?..dont know if anyone else thinks thats right? Anyway really glad i did it

Mines a 1.9 130, I put the DTUK box on it at 122k and it's now on 138k. RR at 178bhp, graph is on here somewhere. Drives like a dream and clutch is fine

I've become a fan of remaps, backed up and put on one from BlackSmoke and it's taken the car up to 170bhp with a nice increase in torque.
It took a while to settle in as I was only doing short journeys, I noticed the difference the most once the car had warmed up and had done miles miles of mixed driving.
I picked this company due to lots of good reviews, excellent price and being a generic map it wasn't too aggressive and therefore should destroy my clutch too quickly.

I've become a fan of remaps, backed up and put on one from BlackSmoke and it's taken the car up to 170bhp with a nice increase in torque.
It took a while to settle in as I was only doing short journeys, I noticed the difference the most once the car had warmed up and had done miles miles of mixed driving.
I picked this company due to lots of good reviews, excellent price and being a generic map it wasn't too aggressive and therefore should destroy my clutch too quickly.

I can also vouch for the Blacksmoke remap. Nice progressive map and very good value for money.

Whats the deal with MPPS leads? do blacksmoke send them out to you or is it a separate purchase?
Does anyone have any input on how a generic map would work with a hybrid turbo...
I have installed a GT1749VC turbo with 170pd internals. Apparently it can handle at the gate 200-215bhp. I wont be pushing up anywhere near that as the rest of the engine would suffer.
Looking to get about 170bhp with nice smooth power delivery. Anyone ran this style of turbo with a blacksmoke map or generic map?

Send black smoke an email stating what turbo you have fitted and he will advise you what he can do .

You usually have to tweak the N75 map to get the best out of a hybrid. A standard 1749 is very responsive compared to some of the hybrids so they can be a bit laggy at the bottom end.

Karl.

will do dale.

I have heard that they can be a bit laggy karl, but you can just adjust the stop screw to get a earlier wind up. I'll have a word with black smoke.