1.9TDI hub carriers

Philthy_b6

Reaction score
Had a little browse through the parts section and couldn't find anything, bit does anyone have a part number for the hub carrier? And maybe a price from audi or does anyone know of one for sale? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Had a little browse through the parts section and couldn't find anything, bit does anyone have a part number for the hub carrier? And maybe a price from audi or does anyone know of one for sale? Cheers

What's up with yours?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Snapped pinch bolt for the upper right arm, was hoping for a quick swap over if I get the upper arms with it, and hopefully won't snap anything on the bottom when removing the old carrier

I took mine off and took it to the local garage (a friends) he gave it some heat and knocked the pinch bolt out, best way to do it and should cost less than a replacement hub carrier.

I'll have a go at that cheers man, and one of my top mount bolts and spacers dropped under my brake servo, happy days.. haha definitely the biggest headache this car haha, had them braided lines and they don't have the right fittings on one end so back to square 1 with that

I'll have a go at that cheers man, and one of my top mount bolts and spacers dropped under my brake servo, happy days.. haha definitely the biggest headache this car haha, had them braided lines and they don't have the right fittings on one end so back to square 1 with that

Buy one of those telescopic magnets with the led light on the end, about £3 at Halfords that will get it, I'm sure there's lots of people have dropped a bolt in there, me included.
Good luck

Reactions: Philthy_b6
Other side is going better just onto the bottom shock bolt, nothing has gone wrong yet, touch wood.. haha

Reactions: QuattroCalum
I've won! With the N/S, went and bought an offset spanner set to get the awkward vag topmounts off and just kept slipping, molegrips and impact saw the bish off though, gonna set the coilover up later on, will get pictures up in a bit.
82e52a16023bc15d36e41210a7970c6c.jpg

Well done that man
When I'm taking the nut of the top of the strut I only take a little of the spring tension off with the spring clamps, a deep reach 18 mm socket gets the nut off easy.
Not how you're supposed to do it but it works.