1.9 tdi sump replacement

MooLard

Reaction score
Afternoon

Annoyingly I have cracked my sump when off-roading today, I've got the car towed home and will phone about for a price on a new sump, does anyone know if there are any complications under there to doing the job? A Haynes manual suggests that it's not just a sump off and on job.

I had small hairline crack on my 1.9 TDI that I managed to patch up with some liquid metal and been good for over a year now.

When I done it I looked into a replacement and its a right ***** of a job. It requires removal of the subframe if I recall in order to get to some of the bolts. I did come across a guide. I'll see if I can dig it up

Go ECP they were open for me today so I could click and collect parts!
Due to ideally needing a lift and hoist my mechanic friend is going to assist and it will probably save a few hours compared to working roadside without a lift.

Go ECP they were open for me today so I could click and collect parts!
Due to ideally needing a lift and hoist my mechanic friend is going to assist and it will probably save a few hours compared to working roadside without a lift.

When I looked they were on back order at ECP. With no estimated time they would be in.

Did u get it for a good price

Evening! Yeah I rang to ask on the phone for where stocked a sump and Wembley is a big branch that had a few, 30 miles and 45 mins each way so I went for a trip in mothers car.
There isn't a way to view stock by branch online but they can do it in branch, got it for £83, the shallow darkside one looks good and only a few quid more, I need mine fixed soon though so I'll just fit the standard one for now, plus I've only got sport suspension and B5 perches so it was exceptional off roading that caused my faux paus.

Good afternoon!
It's fantastic how much a good mechanic friend and well equipped workshop helps, we got the whole job done in about 3.5 hours! I did break the dipstick tube in the process but a new one is en-route, and so that the sealant cures as much as possible we are not filling it back up with oil until this evening (about 24 hours).
On a separate but equally annoying note I managed to break a coolant connector barb on mother's Corsa that I am borrowing, the mechanic temporarily plugged that too so I could get home. I have now paid over the odds for a brass one from Vauxhall, at least I can fix it this evening when returning it to mum.