1.9 tdi pd BXE engine code

David321

Reaction score
Hi, I bought myself an octavia II 2006 56 plate with BXE engine. full service history. every 5-8000miles oil changes. 14 stamps in book. Previously I look at a similar newer octavia with bxe engine and there was no oil change for 26,000 miles. (ridiculous not changing the oil, long life oil etc) and long life oil services after 50,000 miles until 90,000. anyone knows which is the best bearing shell to install? one other thing.. on a start up when engine cold or hot half the time there is a big engine knock. engine runs smooth no knocking from engine ,just on the sturt up. can anyone help?stramge as it is only doing it half the time. sometimes starts without any knock , sometimes big knock on start up and runs smooth.

A couple of brands spring to mind for shells. ACL is the one to go for in my opinion or King. I've used both but there are many more brands out there so do your research go with whatever you feel comfortable with.
You say there is sometimes a knock on cold start which I would say is pointing towards big end or mains requiring an inspection at the very least and more than likely replace the lot if going that deep into an engine.

Reactions: David321
Thanks for your reply. Checked the knock on the start up with the mechanic and as he is saying it can be the flywheel. Just before he said it might be the starter. Flywheel still good. clutch slightly shaking when pressing it down half an inch. When the clutch is pressed down but not completely it doesn't make that hard knock on the start up. Bearing shells will be changed. I do hope with full oil services done regularly should last longer than a TFSI 2.0 petrol engine. at least I should not have carbon build up, piston wear. and most importantly a lot of car owners doesn't know. Long life oil on my opinion is the worst thing you can do. No point to have an audi stamp in your service book if the oil is changed every 2 years.

A couple of brands spring to mind for shells. ACL is the one to go for in my opinion or King. I've used both but there are many more brands out there so do your research go with whatever you feel comfortable with.
You say there is sometimes a knock on cold start which I would say is pointing towards big end or mains requiring an inspection at the very least and more than likely replace the lot if going that deep into an engine.
what would you say about the BXE con rods? I had someone say the material of the conrod can get weaker and it causes the conrod to break . Prevention one of them changing the bearing shells. Someone told me as long as there is no remap or foot down on acceleration, should not happen. Personally, I have never heard of anyone had similar.