1.9 tdi engine mount?

rob0904

Reaction score
I've got a vibration at idle but once u once the accelerator a tiny bit it smooths out, with the clutch on or out.

I know I've got a leak on the driver side mount so I'm thinking it's finally died. Is this the side with the sensor in it?

I was just going to throw a second hand mount on to test it. Would an s6 mount fit?

Thanks

Reactions: SL11CKK
Most likely the dmf is shot...it won't hurt to change the mount though, you never know-might struck lucky !

Yeah I'm hoping it's just then the mount, but the dmf seems most likely. Better get saving haha

Which side is the mount with the sensor in it? Saves me getting under the car.

Rob

Maybe check vag-cat or etka, I found neither of my 1.9 of 130 (AWX) hydro engine mounts had the fancy solenoid valve thing. Plus there's about a million different part numbers for them!
Replacing 1 worn out leaky didn't cure my idle vibration either...

I've had my head under the car and a feel around the mount and I couldn't feel a solenoid. I will try replacing it and see if it helps.

Did you ever cure your vibration? It's only on idle once I rev it the smallest amount it smooths out.

Nope!, but it's not the dmf/clutch, egr, engine mounts, air mass meter or injector wiring loom. Yours could easily be any one of those things though! I'm just living with it while I figure out some other minor issues :)

Well that's a list I can work thru....

I've got to service it so I will put a new fuel filter in too.

I've read the alternator pulley can cause vibrating too and to test it take the belt off. At least it's a free test haha.

I've got a leaky egr valve to sort too, loads of oil over it.

Rob

Ha!, I forgot, mine wasn't the alt pulley either (took belt off and ran engine- still there, as you say though, free test.
I have noticed it's worse at higher ambient temps, have you noticed that at all?

Mine just got worse these couple of weeks. You changed the fuel Temps sensor and coolant sensor?

Is there a breather hose that gets blocked?

If YOU have engine vibrations I would suggest you check the injectors are the same part numbers and the cam lobes looks fine and are not worn. If all looks fine under the rocker cover and there are no faults in the engine ECU then the DMF is worn 95%...

Engine mounts will make engine rock from side to side when you put it in gear, constant vibrations on idle is the DMF...

Oh I forgot, cam, bearings and followers changed, new clutch/dmf fitted as it failed, so not those for me, fuel temp & coolant sensors both behaving normally on vcds, anyway sorry don't want to hijack thread, just a few ideas!

No worries more things which are said helps me. Gives me a list to work thru haha.

My engine is shaking side to side, so it could be a mount. Well fingers crossed.

Oh I forgot, cam, bearings and followers changed, new clutch/dmf fitted as it failed, so not those for me, fuel temp & coolant sensors both behaving normally on vcds, anyway sorry don't want to hijack thread, just a few ideas!
I do hope for Your own sike that you did not fit a BGA camshaft, see one chew the lifters in less than 3k miles !

I'm going to sound silly here but how do I get the serpentine belts off? It's easy on mk4 golf style engines.

I've sorted the tensioner. Alternator pulley only goes one way. How free should it be in the direction it's free moving

I've been playing around I between the school run, eating and the kids. The egr is missing the butterfly valve, is this normal on the avf or could it be in the inlet?

I've managed to get the eml to come on while playing with the maf... I've found splits in the wires sleeves but when I unplug the maf the engine note changes but not a vast amount.

I'm going to get the egr valve in a min. So I can see what it's like in there

Reactions: mrnice
Took the egr valve and the inlet manifold, bar the missing butterfly both weren't bad at all.

I waiting on an engine mount to replace the leaking one. I tried jacking the engine up right by the mounts, there didn't seem too much movement. Not sure how good the mount is if all the fluid has gone.

Need to get it on vagcom now really. Just no one local with it and know how use and interpretate the result on injectors and timing.

Well I put another mount on it an it's still shaking....

Is there a way to check the flywheel with out taking the gearbox off?

Some say to see if the vibration goes away when depressing the clutch, if vibration goes away suspect dmf. I'm not so sure. My dmf produced intermittent violent shaking when it was failing, particularly when reversing up an incline, then failed completely when I delivered it to an Indy garage to replace it. Maybe they can fail in different ways. You can peak at the flywheel if you take the starter off or through the little inspection hole on n/s of bell housing. Not sure you'd see anything conclusive unless the dmf had already gone to bits though.

Reactions: rob0904
Thanks, don't think I'm going to get the starter off. I'm fed up with being covered in oil hahaha

Just pricing up new flywheel and clutch, there about £350 eurocarparts with their ever lasting sale discounts.

Which isn't too bad I guess....

Got the dmf and clutch kit for 315 delivered.

Should really get vcds on it but don't know anyone local with it.

It's going in for the dmf this week so it better be it hahaha

The old girl is still in bits, dmf was knackered but waiting on a clutch fork to come as ours was looking rough and not worth the risk of a fault for another 20-30 quid.

Fingers crossed I will have her back for early afternoon....

New flywheel is in and the old girl is running smooth at idle again....

Had a bit of a nightmare with the spacer/gasket between the block and Bell housing. It got got bent and was scraping on the back of the flywheel. A couple of hours later and it's still just touching but only a little and needed the car back to use.

But all in all I'm happy but broke man.

Reactions: mrnice