1.9 TDI 130 PD power loss

technics100

Reaction score
I got my car serviced last Tuesday (102k) so had the oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter changed. The car was going well after the service until yesterday. I was driving from the house and noticed that the car seemed to have no boost whatsoever, and struggled to rev out in each gear. When stopped at a set of traffic lights I turned the car off and on and it seemed fine then just lost power again. It was the same story this morning on the way to work. I gave it full throttle in 3rd and it went fine, then it misfired and lost power. Does anyone have any ideas? I should be able to get it plugged into Vag-com this evening, so hopefully that will shed some light on the issue.

Could be the turbo's actuator arm sticking, MAF sensor, blocked fuel filter, fuel pump............

A few things basically is what im saying , some wont show up on vagcom though just to be annoying! Was the service an indie garage or stealer? Could be worthwhile just giving them a call & explaining since the service its not revving so freely & see if they'll have a look for free?

Hi,

Not sure if the set up is the same on pre PD engines but had exactly the same issues with an old passat 110 I had. Just like you say switching off and on the ignition sorted out the problem for a short while.

I my case it ended up being a duff N75 valve.

Regards

TonyC

OK, just scanned the car with vag-com so here is the result;

VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N

Control Module Part Number: 038 906 019 FP
Component and/or Version: 1,9l R4 EDC 0000SG 1467
Software Coding: 00002
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
Additional Info: WAUZZZ8E52A141738 AUZ6Z0A0194923
1 Fault Found:
17552 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Open or Short to Ground
P1144 - 35-00 - -

I cleared the code and couldn't get it to appear again, I gave the MAF wires a wiggle, so not sure if the garage that serviced had it disconnected to replace the air filter. took it on 6 mile run and gave it a hard time, still ok. Well at least if it happens again I know what I will be changing first.

certain codes logged in the ecu can cause a performance reduction as a precautionary measure. it was probably an intermittent problem thats sorted itself out

the car was doing it again yesterday, so took the MAF out and cleaned it in Alcohol. But its still the same this morning. GSF have a new MAF for £65 so I will put one in over the weekend and hopefully that will be it sorted.

is your k&n panel a dry one or oiled? I saw a lot of yank posts on MAF fouling due to oil contamination from "wet" filters.

One thing to check is the actual 4 pin connection on the MAF. I cleaned my maf with some special cleaner and then after cleaning the connector I added some silicon based lubricant to the female connector. I got it from Maplins. It helps prevent arching. I noticed black line on the connector. It seems to have been fine since.

I cleaned the connector last night, it was still losing power on and off. I got a new maf from gsf this morning abd that seems to fixed it.. £55 for new bosch one, not too bad..

glad to hear you have sorted it out, MAF's are the most common problems