1.9 tdi 130 awx remap file

I was advised by andrew on my bora to remove a couple of fuses before performing the remap, do you not need to with the a4?

I didnt on mine, mine is a 51plate, audi didnt fit extra monitoring until late 02 early 03, like egr monitoring for example.

Fuse pulling is only needed when there is a communication error caused by the cluster. Even with 2 identical clusters, 1 may need the fuses pulled and the other not.

I did forget to mention, the A4 has to have a good battery as the fans activate for 70-100 seconds during remap, if in doubt disconnect the fan/ put a charger/stabiliser on the battery.

Reactions: Dan TheMan Welburn
Ok guys I'm having a trauma!!
i downloaded the galleto software from somewhere else and sort of got it to read, where it read and gave me the ecu info but than freezes again, it says seed key error sk1?
heres a pic, anyone know what's the prob, also the fans start coming on so I'm wondering if its fuses as its too dark and wet to whip them out tonight?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 600
Its normal for the fan to come on, mine did and it went fine. Its maybe a good idea to pull the fuses andy suggests. Like he said in the last post its for communication error, which it sounds like your gettin. Guess im just lucky i didnt get that error

jammy sod!
im still fighting with mine,ive tried downloading three different galletto softwares now and they all seem to read enough to get the details as shown in picture but stop at 42% then i get the sk1 error.
im waiting for the guy on ebay to get back now about the lead!
hows yours going pal,still enjoying the speed and is your mpg improving?

Ive done 38miles from empty and 20quid fill up, horsing the **** off it and ive got 185mile range left. But i dont think the computer has sorted its head out yet as those miles were small journeys here n there

want to come and do mine so I have someone to blame if it goes wrong :-D

excellent sounds pretty good

I shall be doing this at some point but not sure when as I need to save my pennies for a bike trip to germany :)

Sounds cold to me lol me brothers into his bike hes got some sort of kawazaki road bike and he want and enduro to start green laning. Wierd person, ad rather have a trophy truck lol

It wont be cold when I'm going lol

you don't know what your missing when it comes to bikes

I do, evrytime av ever been on a bike it ends in disaster. Had a quick go on my cousins motorcorss bike a few year ago and ended up leapind 10ft in the air and landing about 5meters away from the bike on my head lol broke my wrist and damaged my kidneys, pisd blood for a few days after that lol

ah well motorcross bikes are a total different kettle of fish

I used to do it years ago when I was younger and was always dumping the bike its the nature of it

road riding is a total different story the best part about it is all thos flash twats who try to race you off the line in their 50k plus cars that will only do 0 -60 in about 7 seconds when my bike that costs way less will do it in 3 seconds flat and its 15 years old lol

Reactions: Arrkon
ordered my lead today from a seller that says they are all tested on a Golf before dispatch...... can't wait :)

I also done the same as yourself, Was speaking to Andrew yesterday and today and it seems really straight forward. Cant wait, I paid over £300 for my last remap :s

I'm sending my galletto back and the seller is going to swap it for a mpps as he says Thryre more stable and hopefully that will sort my reading error!
just to be clear can Somone tell me which fuses I take out as I've tried fuse 15 and fuse 10 or 11 which one it was I can't remember but when I checked it there wasn't one there as that says its for auto gearbox?
ive been told there's two fuses for the dash but I'm only finding the 15 fuse?

It tells you on blacksmoke.co.uk when you click remap using galletto. 11&15 i think if you dont have 11 you shouldnt worry i suppose? As for your lead thats unlucky! And since this seller is selling clone leads im guessing hes gona send you a clone mpps aswel as there 500 or close to it for official lead. Same with galletto there close to 200 for official lead. Always taking a risk on a clone lead of it being no good cos theyl be made for 23pence in the back of a shoe shop in china

If i was closer to manchester your car would of been done by now i feel bad that i hijacked your thread and mines been done since wednesday lol

Haha yeah I hope you feel bad u ******* lol!!!
no seriously glad you did it too pal and even nicer to hear its a flyer!
im gonna sort this prob somehow, so I can rule out the fuse issue, when I take the fuse out it says fuse on the dash but I don't get airbag light on?
yeah think the other lead may help even though its a clone as the guy said its a more stable lead than galletto but who knows!
just wanna get it done now, the only thing puzzling me is it reads something as it finds the chassis no and the 1.9 rd4 bit?

It deffo sounds like either the car is blocking communication or the software (or laptop) but your lead seems fine to me. You dint have to right click newserial.exe and click run as administrator? Have you tried that? Alot of things require you to do this to have it fully functioning

Sorry to disturb your post,just a quick question,i have a a3 tdi 130 sport quattro 2002,i would love to remap but in my case being a quattro what kind of differences i would expect from the remap?

May sound like a daft question... But.. Do these leads let you access and change everything the same as VCDS leads and software?

Well my lead arrived today .... 24 hours from buying on ebay so i'm impressed with that... laptop is on charge and reading up on it all tonight... i allready know my ECU number and engine code from reading it with VAG-COM and a cheap lead but i'm going to wait and see if this Galletto lead talks to my car first before ordering the map.... am i right in thinking they arrive via email in around 15 mins ??? will this be the case for a Sunday ?? i'm going to use the genuine software a link was posted to earlier... do i need to install drivers for the lead first from the small cd that came with it ?

All mapped and up and running... :p

I won't say it went without issues but none of those were to do with Blacksmoke or for that my eBay lead...

I plugged the lead into my Windows 7 Desktop PC when i got it and windows went off and found drivers for it all by itself no problems at all so that to me said the lead was fine

Onto my Laptop a very old one running XP that is purely only on XP because that's what i had Vag-Com running on and when i plugged the lead in nothing happened ... i got the bong sound and a serial device appeared in the device manager under COM Ports and it was running on Com 5, i know this can be an issue so i changed it to Com 2, this is what i had to do to get my Vag-Com lead to work but on connection to the car , NOTHING i tried all sorts in the end forcing various drivers onto that serial device etc but all to no avail

that's when i decided right I'll put Windows 7 on my Laptop as a dual boot system, but it said it would trash my old XP system which i didn't want to do just yet, that's when i remembered my Dad has exactly the same Laptop as me But he has Windows 7 on his so off i went to my Dads

Plugged the lead in my Dads laptop but now it's not connected to the net as we are too far away for the wifi and when it tried to install drivers for the lead it threw a fit, eventually letting me to point it to the mini CD i got with the lead,,,, a bit of chuntering later and it had installed drivers

GOING ON A BIT AINT I :)

So now i ran the software , turned on ignition and it found my ECU and let me save the old file ( Fans came on as mentioned and i pulled no fuses )

Great i thought, off to the net on my Desktop and bought the map file i needed, it arrived instantly in my email :thumbsup: , went back to the car and thought I'll save a second image before i start and I'll save this one on my phone which i plugged into the USB of the laptop (this may have been a bad idea) when i ran the program again it didn't read,,,, i tried all sorts, restart Laptop , Car on and off without the lead in i might add but nothing :mad: so i checked the Device manager on the laptop and it seemed to have a couple of unknown devices and the network adapter had lost it's drivers , STRANGE possibly something to do with adding the phone to it perhaps... anyway as i said, no wifi outside so back inside and connected to the Internet via and Ethernet cable and fixed all the unknown devices... Result , happy Laptop again

Back outside , i reconnect to the car and re save another copy of my old file, this time to the laptop, not bringing the phone anywhere near it this time ... all that went fine so uploaded the new map,, that went great too up to the last box popping up that i was waiting for, it tells you that in the instructions you'll get a box that says turn the ignition off,,, mine came up in Spanish LOL but i knew what it was

Anyway that's the end of my long story, the car runs great ,,,, no massive power gains as it's only gone from 130 to 160 but you can certainly tell and it revs much more freely and you can feel the extra Torque.... I'll no doubt need a new clutch soon as it's on 120k oh and i can hear the turbo whistling a little louder than it did.... again it's a high mileage turbo so to be expected,,, what I'm hoping for is maybe a little better MPG as it's a Quattro Avant 2002 so it's a heavy brute

All in All I'm very happy

Sorry for the long post, I'm now off to format my Laptop :)

Last edited:
what kind of torque improvement are there is these remaps? I know it says 130bhp to 160bhp but its all about the torque imho. What kind of gains? It seems as if black smoke are just using standard maps as they are not able to tinker at all with them. I bought the lead but now im not so sure. I know £45 is a steal but if seems he could be using the maps from ebay at like £5 for all we know.

Mine was +32bhp and 20%extra torque from standard and you can feel it! Im only goin off what andy said but there is a partner of blacksmoke who has a rolling road and he does alot of the work, as i say i dont know andy from adam but it works.

If there is any information you require please feel free to contact me.
I can give torque figures to anyone who wants them but to be honest 99% of people just know BHP figures.
All maps are created using tested map packs which is where the dyno figures come from.
We have seen a few of our maps appear on tuning forums asking for a critique and our peers have no bad words.
We don't aim for the maximum figures and never achieve them by doing dangerous things seen on some "eBay" map DVDs.
What mods to the files would you like? We're quite comfortable with launch control/DPF delete/ egr delete but without a car infront of us it can be a pain the behind hence why we don't offer most mods normally.
For example: EGR delete... Dead straight forward I could teach anyone how to do it in 5 mins safely. Put it on a car with an electrical fault relating to he actuator and it still has an EGR fault. So the next stage is to delete the DTC for EGR flow. Still got the light and an unhappy customer who was told by friends that the light would go with a remap. :-(

Having a goal what you want from a remap is important, I have one customer who upgraded a 115bhp to 150bhp with massive FMIC only to be dissapointed that the nippy take up was gone through turbo lag.
DIY mapping is defiantely not for everyone so please weigh up your options as with any mod you do.

Andy

Well ill give it a go anyhow, what in the line of fuel economy are we to roughly expect from a standard 130 -160 remap Andy?

If you drive the same journey before and after it should remain the same or improve upto 10%.
it should never go down unless there is a faulty component (temperature sender or boost pipes etc).

Thanks for the quick response. Cable will be here tomorrow and hopefully you will have a new customer then to. :D

Cable came this morning, bought the map, and it was in my emails as soon as i went into them. Followed the instruction on black smokes website and all went 100%. I went for the 162bhp remap and have to say you definitely notice a difference, Loads more torque low revs but not so much higher. But i assume that is to save your clutch a little. All in all, I'm happy thus far, now for a few runs about now to get a proper feel for it.

I can recommend Andrew 100% guys, really helpful guy and even answered my silly question with no fuss. The map is delivered in seconds and is straight forward to put on. Simply put.... It just works lol.

Anouther jammy sod with no probs lol!
I've sent my lead back today and the seller is going to send me a mpps lead and I pay the difference but he's offered me the choice of a plastic mpps lead or a metal mpps box for a few quid more?
anyonf know which is best or does it matter?

Not sure myself mate but I used the other type, the cheaper one from the same guy ollie got his from, DIY-diagnostics. Worked first time. My cars an 01 a4 awx 130. What's yours?

Hi pal mines an 03 awx too, I got mine from a seller called total_diagnostics hopefully the mpps lead will read the ecu this time and I can get it mapped!