1.9 Pre-PD TDI- Fuel Pump not working but posible fix?

buel

Reaction score
Hi all,
Please can you try and help me. My girlfriend has an x reg 1.9 TDI Audi A3 and last week the glow plug light started flashing. We got the code:
'Quantity adjuster upper limit reached P1562'

Last Friday the car wouldn't start and no fuel was getting through to the injectors. My friend has just had time to take a look at the fuel injection pump and he said that "There is a stop solenoid furthest away from where the Cam belt runs (above the injector pipes) and the wire coming to the solenoid is not live with the ignition on.. I connected the battery to it and it did lift it"

Please can I/we ask apart from replacing the pump, is there a repair he could do? Should the solenoid be live with the ignition on?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Get a 2nd hand pmp mate, the pump you have is goosed. I had a few the solenoid arm breaks so it cannot advance the timing anymore hence the fault !

Great, thanks for that.The part number is 029 00 355 32 B, can I ask does the next pump have to have the exact same number?

Thanks so much for that. My pump part number is 029 00 355 32 B, please can I ask does the next pump I get HAVE to have the exact same part number?

Problem solved....eventually! As predicted, a second hand fuel pump saved the day!
Thank you to all of you for your help!!