1.9 pd 150 no turbo boost until 3k rpm

ElvisDuff

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post here, so I hope I chose the right thread to discuss this problem. I'm not really a car expert so please bear with me, thank you in advance for everything.

I have a 2001 Audi a4 b6 1.9 PD 150 ( it's the model with 96kw) and a problem occured recently. The turbo doesn't boost until around 3k rpm, when I hit that rpm range, the turbo boosts like it should. The strange thing is that after starting the car for the first time, the car drives like normal for a little while and then it randomly goes back to the same problem and after it happens, turning the car on and off doesn't help. I read a bit into this problem, and it seems like a stuck vnt actuator could be the problem.

Let me hear what you guys think, thank you !

Physically check out the movement of the actuator. It is vacuum operated, but should be easily moveable. Do this when cold witht the engine off. Check for any splits in the vacuum hose itself leading to the actuator too. If it's very stiff or doesnt want to move, then your vanes may be sticking.

Reactions: Stonedofmoo and ElvisDuff