1.9 pd 130 problems

navlall

Reaction score
I have a A4 avant tdi. Last few days it had started to give me problems with the boost. Sometimes the boost wouldn't come in till 2000 rpm or later and other time it would be fine.
Changed the air filter last night as it needed doing. And now the boost doesn't come in till 3000rpm but also I'm getting problems with my brakes. Almost as if the servo is not assisting anymore. But this goes away once I rev the car.
I will put vag comm on when I get a chance tonight. But anyone have any ideas about this?
The car has only done 115k miles.

Seconded.
Probably dislodged a vac pipe. N.B. Some VAG TDi's have a vac pipe to the air box.

Could be a tandem pump issue as this creates the vacuum for the servo and the turbo actuator. More than likely a vacuum leak though. The tandem pump is on the rear of the engine. I would follow the vaccum pipe from the tandem pump to the servo and check the other vacuum pipes for splits or diconnects.

All sorted. A vac pipe on top of the turbo had a split and another had come off. All back on and running fine now. Now over to my 330d. Time to sort that out.