1.8Tq 190 clutch

tom2

Reaction score
Hi, just wondered if the clutches on these are adjustable at all, had new clutch and dmf about 10k miles ago and the biting point was high when it was done. The clutch bites fine it's just being 6'3" tall it's a bit uncomfortable with it being so high.

Thanks guys

I dont think so... I think they are self-adjusting.

High biting point usually means worn clutch.I am also 6.3 and wifes Bora has just had a new clutch which bites low

The clutch should last more than 10k miles though shouldn't it? The car doesn't get abused, it's mainly used driving to and from France. I spoke to Audi today and they said they can have a look anyway. The guy also said the clutches naturally settle with higher biting points in Quattro models because they have to withstand higher stresses than front wheel drive, sounds plausible??

Don't see why.I have had a 2.5tdiQ and that didn't have a high biting point and my sons S3 has just had a new clutch with a nice low biting point.What was it like when it was first done and what quality is it.The stress cant be related to where it bites it just needs a decent unit for the power.What the transmission does with the power isn't related to the clutch biting point!

The clutch and dmf were replaced by the main dealer. It was biting about approx 3/4 of the way up when it was first done, and took about a Month to get right to the top, I've ignored it till now but since I sprained my ankle a month or so ago it's agony!

I don't think it should do this.Theres nothing but wear that would normally alter the biting point.Maybe the cylinder is failing or perhaps it wasn't bled properly and theres some air inthere.