AudiTurbo8

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've got a 61 plate 1.8TFSI with 55k on the clock. I've had it remapped by Revo - ever since then when it's cold and in cold weather it would hesitate at around 1500rpm in every gear until it got warm, then power would be smooth through the rev range after a minute or so of driving. only other Mod is a K&N panel air filter.

for the last few weeks, it's been losing power when I accelerate in all gears. initially it only happened in the higher performance mode of the remap, so I switched it to a lower one and it was fine for a bit, then it started doing it in the lower one too. it seems to be gradually getting worse. It feels similar to when traction control kicks in in the wet, and you lose power, only it isn't that because it does it with TC off, and also in 6th gear in the dry so I know that isn't the problem. I've tried putting in some fuel cleaner, that didn't seem to do much after a week of doing a daily 15 mile round commute to work, but on a 1.5 hour drive to Loughborough it seemed to have solved the problem. the next day though it was back so I don't think that was the issue.

Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? thought I'd try here before taking it to a dealer.

the car has FASH, and was serviced a couple of weeks ago. other than the hesitation it drives absolutely fine, no funny noises, feels powerful as it ever has (until it loses power under hard accel)

Any help is hugely appreciated, thanks in advance.

DV not couping with the boost maybe? Have a look around the forums I am sure there have been similar posts about this issue.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Cheers for the reply, I'd read that in a couple of places but wasn't sure. I'll have to get mine off and see if it's split.

Mine hesitates when I first start it up
I just thought it was a safety features so you don't thrash it on cold:/

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

hi scotty, sorry for being so slow getting back. I don't think they're meant to, mine never used to do it before it was remapped.

had the old DV out yesterday, it was one of the plastic ones and didn't look like there was anything wrong with it. I had a play around with it just pushing the valve in and out and it felt a little bit sticky, and then I refitted so I could drive to the dealer to order a new one. anyway ever since refit I've not been getting the power loss any more (though I've currently got the car in Guernsey so I'm not doing very high speed, but I am flooring it in 2nd and 3rd and not getting the problem) but I changed the DV anyway since it was only £58 from the dealer. so far so good I'm not getting the power loss. still hesitating when cold but I think thats some other issue.

will post an update if it hasn't fixed it.

it's not fully fixed, it's slightly better but not sorted. it's only doing it occasionally now and in 6th gear on the motorway. pretty annoying. it's also still hesitating at 1600rpm when it's cold, and if anything that's gotten worse - it'll do it now right up to the point it's at 90deg pretty much.

I've seen online that it might be a fuel injector problem. any good ways of identifying which injector is at fault? there's no EML on so will anything show up on a diagnostics?