1.8TFSI PCV Upgrade

ChrisR160

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve seen the PCV blanking plate “delete” for the 2.0TFSI but was wondering if there is a similar mod for the 1.8TFSI?

The reason I ask is that recently I had the rear crank seal replaced as it was leaking and causing a miss and I understand that a faulty PCV can blow seals etc. I’m not saying that it wasn’t wear and tear but I want to either replace the PCV or hopefully upgrade the weak part.

Any advise and help please, cheers!

Hi, I’ve seen the PCV blanking plate “delete” for the 2.0TFSI but was wondering if there is a similar mod for the 1.8TFSI?

The reason I ask is that recently I had the rear crank seal replaced as it was leaking and causing a miss and I understand that a faulty PCV can blow seals etc. I’m not saying that it wasn’t wear and tear but I want to either replace the PCV or hopefully upgrade the weak part.

Any advise and help please, cheers!

There are 1.8tfsi blanking plates availeble , i’ve had one from Forge for a couple off months in combination with a catch can,but imo. It doesnt do a whole lot of ‘good’.

I had to drain the can every 5k or so Km but it kept leaking at the blanking plate gasket,

What i did was replace the whole pcv (afrika plate) with a new ‘updated’ oem piece and had my intake wallnut blasted, thats what i thought was the best option.

Good luck with your pcv mate

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

There are 1.8tfsi blanking plates availeble , i’ve had one from Forge for a couple off months in combination with a catch can,but imo. It doesnt do a whole lot of ‘good’.

I had to drain the can every 5k or so Km but it kept leaking at the blanking plate gasket,

What i did was replace the whole pcv (afrika plate) with a new ‘updated’ oem piece and had my intake wallnut blasted, thats what i thought was the best option.

Good luck with your pcv mate

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Cheers! You wouldn’t have a link or anything?