1.8tfsi Owners Whatsapp Group

STERLING VOID

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Since that it is quite difficult to track down discussions on the 1.8tfsi motor specifically on this forum, myself and a fellow forum member Jasso came up with the idea to start a whatsapp group. The purpose of the group is basically to share ideas, experiences, issues e.t.c on the 1.8tfsi version of the A3 8V.

If you are keen, please post your Handle (Nickname) and number in text so that I can create the group and add the users.

Nice idea to have a communal discussion area for the 1.8 but surely could be done as a 1.8TFSI thread on here though? The S3 folk have a few for them so could be done (and pray it doesn't degenerate into manual vs S-tronic or whatever).

The 1.8 and S3 engines are both EA888 so do have some similarities, though theirs are more advanced.

Reactions: STERLING VOID, AJH48 and veeeight
I agree with you partially, I would prefer a 1.8tfsi subforum just to keep all the topics related to this motor together, helps with quick navigation. Can that be done for us?

Reactions: jasso86
I feel your pain.

This forum can sometimes feel (noisiest) a little S3-centric. ;)

A poss solution is tags in the subject line (like they have in the Support Sectiom, "Problem", "Solved" etc.)

Maybe the @Administrators would be willing to consider implementing the tags based on Engines in this section?

I can see the point, but if the forum divides up into little cliques such as S3, saloon, 1.8tfsi etc etc, then it looses the wider appeal.
I'm interested to read some of the S3 threads for example, but probably wouldn't go to a thread/forum just devoted the one subject.