1.8t turbo - no boost

Mart77

Reaction score
Ok so here's the story the car failed the MOT on some suspension work just before Christmas which was fixed by them not only did it take 2 days to sort the anti bar links and upper arms my car now seems to be under performing. The turbo doesn't seem to be kicking in however the power is there just no boost. Obviously I've taken the car back this morning and got into a little argument about it, he had a look and a mess around the turbo and said the main pipe was hanging off, now I don't know if it was or if he pulled it when messing around but he did refit this, however, I'm still left with the same problem no boost or very very little.

Any ideas? I'm going to try and deal with this myself because my trust in that place is totally gone after seeing a few smaller issues.

The car is a 04 plate 1.8t 190 quattro

Ok so I've had a nose around and noticed this and not sure if this is normal or not.

the 2 small pipes coming off the waste gate, the one on the right had a pipe going to the N75 the one on the left had nothing connect and I can't find anything that was loose that should of fitted into that. what's worrying is I've been looking at other turbo and waste gates for this car and none of them have this waste gate?.

As I said before the car definitely never went into the garage with this problem.

1425617_10153928500372216_1004403559710001530_n.jpg

Where's the hose of the top metal pipe I can in the top right of your pic ??

Nope not sorted :( its like you get a small amount of boost but thats it. Lets say you're in 4th and put your foot down and you get that boost then it rolls off and then it builds back up again well thats pretty much gone you just get that first kick then next to nothing after that. Thats the only way i can decribe it.

We did find a fault on the temp sensor on the bottom of the radiator so i don't if thats messing with it some how. I'm thinking maybe the N75 is playing up.

I pulled the hose off when i was having a look.

It's really weird to fully explain.

When i first put my foot down you get the boost of power however after that you get little to no boost.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to check the Pcv and N75 out.

Just to add to the to the info. I'm still getting boost in 1st 2nd I say boost what I mean is is there but not how it was then 3rd is hit and miss the 4th 5th 6th is pretty much no boost is any.

when the turbo is trying to boost if you open a window can you hear any air escaping noises or any noises that wasn't there before the garage looked at it?