1.8T Ticking noise

S3_XBT

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2003 S3 with the BAM engine, recently my chain started ticking so I had it all replaced along with timing belt and water pump. Now there is a ticking noise coming from the left side of the engine where the coolant and screen wash is. It’s the one next to the power steering reservoir. Could anyone shed some light on what it is and how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I have a 2003 S3 with the BAM engine, recently my chain started ticking so I had it all replaced along with timing belt and water pump. Now there is a ticking noise coming from the left side of the engine where the coolant and screen wash is. It’s the one next to the power steering reservoir. Could anyone shed some light on what it is and how to fix it. Thanks in advance.
This is quite normal it's the evap control system valve connected to the charcoal cannister.

This is quite normal it's the evap control system valve connected to the charcoal cannister.
It wasn’t doing this noise before so I got a bit worried when I heard ticking right after getting everything replaced. Is it a case of replacing the system or is there a fix?

It wasn’t doing this noise before so I got a bit worried when I heard ticking right after getting everything replaced. Is it a case of replacing the system or is there a fix?
It only ticks when being used/needed should not be a problem if you have the ability to scan your car with vcds etc the will show you if the valve is faulty, previously mine had an issue a quick clean and some wd40 sorted that one out.