1.8T Sports Cat on ebay

I saw that, looks a bargain.

No good for me as my exhaust is turbo back, but would work well for someone thats chipped etc

i know started at 99p no reserve thats the best way to do it some people just dont understand ebay.

yer i start all my auctions at 99p.

End of the day an item is only worth what people are willing to pay for it, so if its worth 300quid it will get bid up to 300quid, regardless of starting price.

Just need to ensure it gets maximum views, so get the categories and all the specific details correct, ensure the title and description is good, and matches popular search terms, and make sure it finishes at a sensible time.

That ones finishing at 8pm on sunday which is pretty much peak time/day for ebay visits. Title and description could be better though. I'd have put "1.8T" and "1.8 T" in the description for instance, as if you searched for "A4 1.8T Cat" it wouldnt find your auction. It also doesnt state which model of A4 it fits, could be B5 or B6...

i could do with this but then i need a clutch and some other things doing so cant justify it at the min.would be interesting to see how much it would free up my car with the chip.

It wont really free up power as you expect, but will make the turbo spool quicker making progress smoother. You "may" lose a touch of torque due to lack of back pressure

i wouldnt expect you wouldnt lose any torque, as the turbo spooling earlier will more than make up for it.

It will also make the car pull a little harder for a little longer, as the cat becomes more restrictive when your high up the revs, especially on a chipped motor.

Our car had a gutted cat on it when we baught it, and we refitted a real one for the MOT, dawn doesnt drive it particularly hard, but i think there was a slight difference, with the car feeling a little flat compared with before.

It wont really free up power as you expect, but will make the turbo spool quicker making progress smoother. You "may" lose a touch of torque due to lack of back pressure

I know it wont but the ebayers dont know that ;)

Its about the going rate, its just a **** of a place to get to on the car, and swapping it out every year for an MOT would do my head in.

What i'd probably do instead, is get a turbo back system and one of those cheap sport cats from ebay, then fit that under the car using two of those audi exhaust sleeve clamp things. That way its easy to swap out for a bit of streight pipe, and easy to swap the cat back in come MOT time.