1.8T Sport - suspension.

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Hi. Thinking of renewing my suspension soon.

Anyone know if the Sport has different shocks / dampers ot if it's only the springs that are different?

I'm looking at replacements from ebay germany for good money but can't really see any dampers for the Sport listed..

Also, seen complete front arm kits for only 200 Euros, which is ****** good by my reckoning.

Yea its just the spring the dampers are the same...are you looking for a coilover kit, or just dampers? Also be careful of some of these cheaper kits, get adjustables if you can, because as you are putting bigger wheels on you may need to raise it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Got FK highsports and they are the nuts :p

Well I did have plans for H&R Springs and standard dampers, but now it appears i'm buying a house!

So maybe the 18's and a decent kit are on hold, for a while, but I want to do the front arms and replace the shocks and seeing as she's done 112k new standard springs might even be an option.

To be honest, i had a set of lowering springs on my 1.8 which cost about £60 at the time. And they were really good.....the car felt a lot more responsive and still kept a smooth ride. Where as now it's like a bunny...

Do you really rate the FK stuff, they same to make just about everything, when you look on ebay.de - from light clusters to springs. I have no idea if they are good or bad, I think a mate has the coilovers on his Golf 1.8T and that's hard but handles OK - I just remember how cheap spring kits like PI when they came out were - generally crap. I don't want to spend money and ruin the ride and handling, neither do I want it to be hard as $hit, or that low, but I just want a tauter handling car again.

When I bought it, it felt pretty good for a 110K miler, but you know what happens as you get more familiar with a car and push it harder, it starts to be disappointing.

When the mood takes me I like to push my cars, quite hard and right now it can't really cut it.

Yea FK are quite good, not sure about their aftermarket light selection though.....on most vw forums, 70% of people go for FK coilovers of some sort. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Again if you want to keep the smoothness of your A4 just buy a set of springs. It will grip the road better, with a lot less roll around corners, and lower it a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif