1.8T Sline stage 1 - turbo cutting out

yorkphotoworkshops

Reaction score
Hi, hoping someone might know the cause of this one.
Got a 190 bhp sline, with a stage 1 (210) bhp remap, and induction kit (with heat shield and cold air feed).
Having just spent £1300 having the multitronic edu replaced I was hoping to enjoy the car again!

If I accelerate hard a few times, it seems to cut the boost completely, so you can drive, but with little power (it's still do 70+, but takes a while to get there).

Restarting the car fixes it, but sometimes it's goo straight away, other times after a fair few miles.

I was wondering whether it's cutting boost as it's detecting too high intake temperature? Given the cold weather, the heat shield and using the original cold air feed, I would have thought it would be cool enough, but I can't think of anything else which would be cutting it out. The engine warning light doesn't come on.

Any ideas? Would it need an better intercooler too?

Cheers

what map are you running? sounds like its overboosting and dropping into limp mode, and also why did the ECU need to be replaced?

Intercoolers are indeed a limiting factor on these cars even with the twin side mount coolers you still get crazy inlet temps on a remapped car, however this wont be your problem at the moment.

didn't think remapping a multitronic gearboxed car was the done thing? I didn't think they could cope?

Have you scanned the car for faults? I had a problem with my old car doing a similar thing, had to have the map changed.

what map are you running? sounds like its overboosting and dropping into limp mode, and also why did the ECU need to be replaced?

Intercoolers are indeed a limiting factor on these cars even with the twin side mount coolers you still get crazy inlet temps on a remapped car, however this wont be your problem at the moment.

thanks for the reply
it's a Shark map. They're scanning it tomorrow so hopefully that'll show up any other issues